PDA

View Full Version : Recommended books on Panic attacks?

orangesky
16-03-07, 14:08
Hi there all,

I'm new here, only recently started having/had a couple of panic attacks for the first time in my life, it's been very frightening but i'm doing all i can to get through it, understand it and try to get out of it or make the changes i need too....one of which is that i want to get a good book to help me understand and get over this, obviously waiting for about 3 months to see somebody on the NHS can be very discomforting...

Any books in particular you can recommend?

Many thanks and much love to you all.

Orangesky

nomorepanic
16-03-07, 14:14
Hi there and welcome aboard.

Have a look at the Recommended reading page on the left of your screen. It is the website page near the bottom.

orangesky
16-03-07, 15:02
Thanks, i will definitely have a look over there, just wanted to hear from other s that have bought these books which ones helped them the most :)xx

nomorepanic
16-03-07, 15:36
I think you will find the Claire Weekes ones are the most popular.

marg
16-03-07, 16:42
hi i have just read a book called what if it is by some one who has had panic attacks and how they coped and got better when i ordered it i got another book with it cheaper called panic attacks both very good books marg

orangesky
16-03-07, 17:41
Many Thanks for your help, will keep an eye out for those two x

Serena
19-03-07, 11:59
I've just read "Coping successfully with Panic Attacks" by Shirley Trickett which was excellent and explained a lot of things that I didn't understand for years.
Serena

tam
19-03-07, 12:46
i would recommend claire weekes books and the one i had was self help for your nerves,definatley helped me and explains everything so you understand it which helps alot.tracy

Piglet
19-03-07, 18:36
Definately Claire Weekes 'Self-Help for your Nerves and also a book by Terri/y Conley called The Anxiety Trap.

Love Piglet :flowers:

trish1955
08-05-07, 12:37
hi i have just read a book called what if it is by some one who has had panic attacks and how they coped and got better when i ordered it i got another book with it cheaper called panic attacks both very good books marghijust wondering were u orderd it from as i am agraphobic so dont do libary or book shop and have heard a fare bit about the book what if realy would like to read it lets face it i am not going no were so got all day to read lol bye for now trish

marg
17-05-07, 12:51
hi i got the books from amazon the what if book was so easy to read and i could relate to everthing she was going through love marg

Piglet
17-05-07, 14:42
:yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

darkangel
17-05-07, 14:51
I will recommend "Breaking free from the anxiety trap" by Terri Conley too.

The first book that i could TOTALLY relate to and written by an anxiety sufferer. No jargon, just straightforward.

You used to only be able to buy the book direct from the author as it wasnt available elsewhere. That may have changed now though. I could be doing with a new one - mine is dog eared and its falling to bits now.

Address for anyone interested is:

Terri Conley
PO Box 5
Wallsend
Tyne & Wear
NE28 6DZ

Link is http://www.rwrolls11.ndo.co.uk/book.htm

mbict
23-07-07, 07:48
I will recommend "Breaking free from the anxiety trap" by Terri Conley too.

The first book that i could TOTALLY relate to and written by an anxiety sufferer. No jargon, just straightforward.

You used to only be able to buy the book direct from the author as it wasnt available elsewhere. That may have changed now though. I could be doing with a new one - mine is dog eared and its falling to bits now.

Address for anyone interested is:

Terri Conley
PO Box 5
Wallsend
Tyne & Wear
NE28 6DZ

Link is http://www.rwrolls11.ndo.co.uk/book.htm

DarkAngel is spot-on about this book, although the web address is actually www.wshg.org.uk (http://www.wshg.org.uk) and you'll find the book under the Our Products > Book section.