PDA

View Full Version : GAD and Travel Anxiety

MaWi69
21-06-16, 12:47
Hi all
So I've had GAD for quite a few years now, but it doesn't usually bother me too much, except when I'm travelling oversea. As soon as I lose control of the transport (planes or boats) then I get worked up into a stress frenzy - sometimes ending in a crippling panic attack. I've tried to push through this and get on with it, until this trip... 11 hours on a plane. So I thought I'm going to go, take positive action - so a went for a course of hypnotherapy - great stuff. I had 3 days of manageable worry, got on the plane, and only 2 or 3 sessions of fist clenching fear en route - great! Very proud etc.
Only snag is I've been constantly anxious since I've been here, and I still have 2 days to go before my flight and I can feel it building... Making my time here crappy (jet lag giving me plenty of time to think it through isn't helping). Oh and where am I not having fun?? Vegas. What a muppet I feel.:doh:
Any thoughts on how I can calm myself to get back on that plane?

Chocolateface
24-06-16, 06:56
Well done on getting there, 4hrs on a plane is enough for me. I like to be in control of transport too, (only enjoy being a passenger in a car if hubby is driving). You can do it you know you can as you have done it once, get a few things to occupy your mind on the way back and enjoy the rest of your holiday