PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety concerning my child

LeFi_81
21-06-16, 14:09
Hi there peeps,

as a Mom it is sometimes a great challenge not to project your panic and anxiety on your own children.

My daughter has suffered from some ankle problems lately. Several weeks to be more precise.

I took her to her pediatrician (who already labelled me a the Anxiety Mom I am sure!). The doc was helpful and inspected her ankle but found nothing. He told me to return if she cannot walk at all, or if there are swelling, redness or if the ankle is warmer than other parts of her foot (indication of inflammation).

Now after a month has passed, she has a red part on the ankle bones on the outer part of her foot. This is also where her pain is central to. She claims she has no pain and it is like a bruise only when I pad her ankle.

Now, I do not know whether I should take her to the Dr again. I decided to wait a few days. Children hop around all over the place all the time, so maybe it is just really a bruise. It should be gone after a few days. If not, then it is clear to go to the Dr.

I just feel annoyed with myself for my panic flaring up like a storm and not know how serious her complaints are (She complains about many aches and pains all the time).

Most likely not, but if someone has had a similar experience, I would be happy to hear from you!

Fishmanpa
21-06-16, 14:42
It's perfectly normal to worry about our children. It's not normal to attribute issues when there are none. That's your illness telling lies. I'm going to highlight a few parts of your post to point out the reality and leave it at that :)

I took her to her pediatrician... The doc was helpful and inspected her ankle but found nothing. He told me to return if she cannot walk at all, or if there are swelling, redness or if the ankle is warmer than other parts of her foot (indication of inflammation).

Now after a month has passed.... She claims she has no pain ....

A medical professional found nothing, your daughter can walk and play and do everything without pain or hindrance.

This is not an issue... simple as that ;)

Positive thoughts

LeFi_81
21-06-16, 15:29
Wow Fishmanpa. Well said! It is amazing to have some light shed on my perspective!

THANK YOU!
:bighug1:

LeFi_81
14-07-16, 21:34
So, it has not been yet a month, but now I have another issue.

My son (4) is lately sweating like a beast. I did not pay too much attention to it, since boys are quite active. The past weeks I noticed several bad bruises on his legs. Some are quite big and many formed around the ankles. This made me a bit worried but again he is a boy, it is summer.

Now since three days he is complaining about some leg pain. Today, he even cried and I had to give him medication. It started twice in the evening, but today during the day. He complained that his leg is now always sore and it was really sincere pain that was visible on his face.

SO now I put it all together. Bruising, sweating, leg pain, pale and weak. Uff. My mind is racing off the charts.

Matter is it can really all be just these things. Activity.

I decided to take him to the Dr tomorrow. I hate doing it because the Dr already thinks I am over protective.

I wish any of you had similar experiences. But I will keep you posted.

As of my previous post in regards to my daughter. I believe now she is just a sensitive child. A highly sensitive child. She went through a rough patch and it does affect her physically. Learning is a rollercoaster.

Now, time for bed.

Thinking of yeall.