PDA

View Full Version : leg symptoms are they anxiety

busterrufus
21-06-16, 15:51
I feel so bad with burning, aching pains in calves that I don't know what is anxiety symptom and what isn't. I never had leg symptoms til 3 months ago and I always thought someone s anxiety symptoms stayed the same.
Legs slightly better some days then back to unbearable. I keep thinking I,m being poisoned because it makes me feel so bad. Usually get some anxiety relief in evenings then when I go to bed it starts again. Starts again in morning. All symptoms seem to be worse in morning and I don't feel able to get up for hours. I feel really, really weak but wonder if light exercise might help my legs. 61 yo. And very unfit. So worried and desperate to feel better . Please give me tips if you can .

Calmer2016
21-06-16, 16:24
I really don't think it's anything serious but worth seeing a doctor? If it's not anxiety it sounds like something you maybe able to self-help

busterrufus
21-06-16, 16:37
Yes thanks,seen Dr. She gave me quinine but not working.
Had husband massaging my legs daily.
Epsom salt baths daily.
Magnesium supplements started 2 weeks ago.

iPodClassic
22-06-16, 18:24
Well, I am not trying to scare you but these things have to be checked. Why do I say this? I am up for testing for Guillain Barré syndrome. It all started with what I thought was RLS, and 3 weeks later I'm next in line for GBS testing.

I am much worse now, as my legs are so weak, but I still walk. I am of course contacting a lawyer to sue my medical insurance company, as they own the hospital that misdiagnosed me, after being so clear with my smptoms, and I went there repeated times.

busterrufus
23-06-16, 17:03
Aw I,m not even that scared mine is gbs or mnd or ms after advice here , but am still scared its something serious and deadly. Does that make sense? Because its new symptoms for me I think I got a deadly disease that is getting worse.

Beckybecks
23-06-16, 20:46
While your aching legs are probably not an anxiety symptom, when you're anxious, your mind perceives symptoms to be far worse than they actually are.
Why don't you go back to your doctor and ask for something else since the quinine hasn't helped.
Even if you've been on magnesium for two weeks it'll probably take longer than that to help. Also please ensure that you're taking the correct magnesium and the correct dosage, otherwise it's a waste of time. Maybe go to a health store or a pharmacist to ask for advice.
I would definitely go back to the doctor.
And yes, exercise would be a good idea. Just gentle walking, increasing the distance every couple of days.