PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

lucy0927
16-03-07, 16:16
Firstly it's so nice to find somewhere where people understand what I'm going through, my name is Lucy and I'm 24 and have been suffering with anxiety attacks for about 7 years on and off. I have the odd things that trigger off my anxiety which are normally either going away from home for more than a day and relationships.

I saw a councilor about 3 years ago when I had serious attacks whenever I went on holiday, I worked on it and i've got better over the years and can now go away for the day and enjoy myself, I'm too scared to try anything any longer at the moment. However, my main problem at the moment is with relationships, since I was 17 whenever I look at starting a relationship I get anxiety attacks, the sickness, too quick heartbeat, the shakes that don't stop and I can't control and the overwhelming fear to run away from everything. This is what I've been doing for the last 7 years, running away from everything and not having the strength to face it, which makes me think I'm weak. I have strong periods when I can go for months without it bothering me, but then suddenly it'll start again and I'm back to square one. My closest friend is sympathetic but she's said she doesn't know what to say because she doesn't fully understand it. When I spoke to my mum about it 3 years ago I got told to deal with it like everyone else and not to bother her, she's had so many physical problems that she can't grasp how hard mental problems can be to deal with and how they can affect you just as much. It's the old saying if you can't see it it can't be that bad!

Anyway I'm rambling, I'm so glad to have found this forum, it's nice to find people who understand what I'm feeling and that I'm not alone. I'm thinking of having councilling again to try and help me deal with it, I just need to get up the strength to see the doctor again!

yorkylover
16-03-07, 16:24
Hello and welcome to no panic.You will get lots of helpfull advise here.:)

trac67
16-03-07, 16:39
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

nomorepanic
16-03-07, 18:08
Hi Lucy

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some fab people and get loads of support and advice.

Lindalou64
16-03-07, 20:58
HI LUCY WELCOME IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS WITH THE SAME SITUATION, LOTS OF SUPPORT AND INFO BEST TO YA...LINDA

Pink Princess
17-03-07, 15:14
hey welcome to the site, hope you make friends and settle in quick x x x