PDA

View Full Version : Hard beats

Gemma809
22-06-16, 08:13
I've been having palpatations for months now but yesterday I kept getting what felt like hard thuds every minute or so. Is this normal does anyone else experience this? Heart rate is normal but the hard thuds are worrying me

Shazamataz
22-06-16, 08:18
I had those for a while. They seemed to follow what felt like a missed beat and were quite alarming. They went away on their own. Now I have a fairly regular heart pounding thing going on but it's at normal speed. Anxiety is notorious for causing heart symptoms but they are harmless despite being alarming.

Gemma809
23-06-16, 17:12
They got a lot worse last night and today there every few seconds on and off they just feel like a hard thump in my chest and sometimes neck! Really getting me worried but I just need to try and ignore them I know

jwh
23-06-16, 19:50
Gemma809,

What you are experiencing are ectopic heartbeats, that's what most of the people here at this forum have, and it's a bit scary, and it freaks you out but, that's just the way these things are, it will get better, I posted a few days ago about having ectopic heartbeats for over a week, well they're not as bad today, probably only twenty or thirty of them today, for me that's bliss, it will get better !!

John

Gemma809
25-06-16, 17:36
Do you get chest pain at all? Has yours ever gone away for a long time? I've been having palpatations for 4 months now with about 3 weeks in between of feeling alright but that's it! Don't even know why my anxiety started never had it before and don't have anything I'm worrying about either