PDA

View Full Version : Submental node or a part of neck thats meant to be there?

Lockey1995
22-06-16, 14:37
So it has no sign of stopping yet at all the amount of fears ive had over this last 2 months is absolutely surreal any way today I don't know ive had this years either pretty sure I've felt it before anyway it's located if you go from the front of your chin underneath it's just before your neck goes down if that makes any sense at all about 3 quarters from the front of chin. Anyway if it's a node im terrified as it feels quite hard and im unsure if it's move able I don't know how you define that it doesn't really shift when moving it with finger just feels like it's your skin is moving over it.

Is this the sub mental node or is it just part of the neck it's a bit bigger than a pea.

Idk it's so bad atm even if the bowel issue, this slightly does resolve it self I have a massive fear that it will come back later and be a late stage disease or something. Even when I do something like a hobby or something it's still there in my mind and when I get happy etc it just goes down again :(

Should I go to the doctors on this one ? Its just racking up one after anothe atm

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

I'm also quit slim so is it easier to feel nodes in general ?

Gary A
22-06-16, 15:01
It's the cartilage of the trachea, otherwise known as the Adam's apple. There are all kinds of lumps and bumps in the area. Men, particularly thin men, have a major prominence of the tracheal cartilage and it is perfectly normal to feel lumps and bumps on and around the major projection.

One of the reasons you remain in fear is your utter determination to find something on or in your body that will cause you to freak out. There is nothing wrong with you, try as best as you can to stop doing this to yourself.

Lockey1995
22-06-16, 15:24
It's further up than that just at the back of the chin underneath sort of thing, but yes you're probably right on the second thing

Josh1234
23-06-16, 15:02
Have you seen a therapist for your anxiety yet? Do you plan on doing anything at all to improve your condition?

Lockey1995
23-06-16, 23:03
Booked in on 5th july

Josh1234
24-06-16, 04:25
Booked in on 5th july

That's great news. Put the work in, and you will see a lot of improvement.