PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack 01:35am freaking out!!!

Petesy
23-06-16, 01:48
Need help

I've just woke up and I'm having a massive panic attack!!!

Feels like my jaw is numb ⬅trigger , lips twitching, jolting, dizziness, my whole body is going!!!!

Please help!?

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

Really feeling helpless..don't even know how I've managed to type this, I'm hyperventilating and hypersensitive, fear isn't the word here!!!

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Oh this a nightmare!! Ain't had one like this in a while!!!

Shazamataz
23-06-16, 02:25
Hi Petesy, it will pass I promise!

Just do whatever you can to pass the time. How about some relaxing music or some Youtube funnies?

I've been there many times, it's worse in the middle of the night when.

Remember to breathe deep and slow.

Lexilou
23-06-16, 02:51
Oh I agree, the middle of the night ones are the worst. It'll pass though. How are you holding up? Do you have anything to take when you have a panic attack? Just keep breathing slow and deep.

Carnation
23-06-16, 11:06
How are you today Petesy?

What you have to remember is all that you feel, we feel them too.
That will tell your brain that it is anxiety and nothing that will kill you.
I know it feels like you are about to die, and the symptoms are horrendous, but they do pass and it is anxiety and nothing else. x

Petesy
24-06-16, 18:20
Thank you very much for your replies

Shazamataz, lexilou and Carnation...

And yeah those night time ones are horrendous!

Lasted until 4am then my body must've just shut down, scary as hell haven't had one like that in ages..i apologise for not getting bk sooner but i was up sitting with my fiancee trying too breathe correctly and listening to relaxation music, funny how I'm the one putting relaxation Playlists up and i end up having a massive panic attack :blush:

I tried to calm down myself but had to take 5mg of diazepam it was that bad.

I really appreciate your support

Thanks again.

Petesy. :bighug1:

Lexilou
25-06-16, 01:20
When I had one the other week I had to take an ativan to get through it. During the day is one thing, but the night ones take you by complete surprise. Perhaps that's why they are worse, plus things I worry about always seem worse at night. Glad you are doing better

Petesy
25-06-16, 21:28
I'm the same lexilou in mornings kind of anxious but at night my head is 100mph still feeling anxious from that panic attack tbh

Lexilou
26-06-16, 02:31
Maybe that's what triggered the latest one? My morning anxiety has gotten better as the medication has started working, but I have found that I can't lie in bed and be lazy in the mornings. I have to get up and get something to eat and I feel better. It's been slim fast shakes as I'm not up for cooking in the morning or really eating. Hope you are doing OK. I also find making up stories in my head at night helps me relax as I concentrate on every little detail, setting the scene.

Petesy
26-06-16, 12:41
It probably is what's triggered it fear of having another one like it.. I'm happy for you that the anxiety in the mornings have got better lexilou.. Soon as I'm up it's cereal and berocca (multivitamins) followed by a cup of chamomile tea.. Thanks hope your happiness continues lexilou.

Petesy ��