PDA

View Full Version : Purple nails and breathing

Brookens09
23-06-16, 03:14
So everythino was fine when all the sudden my co worker pulls my hand and goes.. your finger nails look purple!! R u cold or what because that's a health problem. Since then (and it's been a week or two ago) my anxiety is through the roof.it was so bad I ended up in the ER because I was short of breath and freaking out. Lab tests come back and everything's fine. I still look at those damn nails and it's like... r they purple?? Am I breathing okay?? So I focus on my breathing and breath too much. This is so awful having anxiety!!!!

.Poppy.
23-06-16, 15:27
I have definitely had this fear before. You're not alone :)

First off, your coworker sounds like a nosy jerk.

Second, logically, you've had tests. No doubt they checked your blood oxygen levels and determined you were totally fine.

I think our nails are naturally a little purple. Mine are.

Instead of any sort of breathing exercises, have you tried other ways to relax, like a long bath or a funny movie?

Brookens09
23-06-16, 18:07
It's just been such a struggle lately. Like..got in the parking lot at work and just couldn't do it. I'm almost feeling like I should be balled up in a blanket and be at home all the time. But I go to the doctor today for some medication for the first time...so we will see. As I get anxious at doctors office, suck at taking pills, and i am an absolute wreck lol its horrible because i know what i feel is silly and ridiculous but here I am freaking out.