PDA

View Full Version : CBT Question!

Tinkerbell200
16-03-07, 20:16
My doctor has referred me for CBT, I just wondered does the person you go and see review your meds or is this still down to your doctor? :)

Thx

nomorepanic
16-03-07, 20:20
Generally they won't look at the meds atall.

They concentrate more on the therapy side.

They may ask you what you are on and what dose and for how long though.

Nibbles
16-03-07, 21:20
My CBT psychologist asked what meds I take, what strength and for how long. She asked if I had found them beneficial and seemed surprised when I said that the betablockers hadn't helped in my case. In my case we haven't spoken about meds much and have concentrated on changing negative thinking and exposure. Hope this helps,

Serena
19-03-07, 12:57
My doctor has referred me for CBT, I just wondered does the person you go and see review your meds or is this still down to your doctor? :)

Thx
I've had CBT with a psychologist but she didn't know about meds - that would be the psychiatrist. Seems a strange system to me but there it is. Ihave also had CBT in a group run by psychiatric nurses and I found that was more helpful as we could share ideas.
Serena

Tinkerbell200
19-03-07, 21:52
Thx Serena do you mind me asking what you had CBT for? mine is for OCD the sertraline doesnt help me with that but is good for my anxiety and depression.
xx

joolee
20-03-07, 14:22
Hi i went to cbt for a year for panic attacks i now have been pa free for 3 and a half years now cbt is great i never took any medication when i was going to it as i came off seroxac i am sure it was the bloody seroxac that gave me panic attacks in the first place hope you feel better with the cbt it takes a while but they are really great good luck love julie xx