PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram reduction

Aleman200
23-06-16, 19:03
My doctor has suggested i go down from 20mg a day to 10mg a day, what can i expect side effect wise if any? any help would be great thanks!

Mojo61
23-06-16, 20:46
Hi Aleman. There are quite a few people on here who have reduced. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to help you.

Can I ask why you are reducing?

Aleman200
24-06-16, 10:21
Hey Mojo! Thanks for the reply. She wants me to reduce to start the process of eventually coming off of them.

Shazamataz
24-06-16, 10:34
You might experience brain zaps coming off. I had these while tapering of escitalopram and they were fairly constant for a while but if you know what they are they aren't so scary. It's really hard to explain what they feel like. A bit like jolts of electricity going through your brain, shivers, kind of. Someone else may be able to explain better!

DulwichHamlet
24-06-16, 16:48
I gather it varies from person to person - I'm reducing from 20mg to 10mg (with the goal of coming off eventually before switching to a new med) and I'm noticing headaches and mood swings, like I'll suddenly come over very low and tearful feeling.

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-16, 05:38
When I came off Citalopram it was brain zaps, cotton wool heads and some dizziness. It was odd but nothing like the hell of start up but then I was much better by then.

The way I thought of brain zaps was as if a guitar string went TWANG very loudly.