PDA

View Full Version : Update and where its going?

Andy1718
24-06-16, 09:30
Morning guys
So just to update my story and to help others understand what they also might be going through. So my anxiety is situational and haas been for a very long time 25 years plus. This tends to raise its head when I am under pressure, in meetings, briefings, work situations, presenting etc. I have tactically avoided this for some 20 years. Recently my anxiety got the better of me. This was due to a number of things; work related stress, redundancies, every changing job, role and pressure working in education, death of my father. So my anxiety went from situational to just being there constantly. I had a few panic attacks 6 weeks ago and didn't want to go into work. I am not house bound and I am fine to go out, ok in social situations but feel on edge.
So I visited my GP who could see i was clearly anxious. Out of breathe, sweating, thoughts racing. He prescribed me 10mg of cit and 10mg of prop to be taken when needed. Never taken anything like this before. After 2 weeks of hell side effects I am now 5 weeks into cit. I am at home keeping myself busy, exercising, reading, watching tv, working a little etc. Eating ok and had a few glasses of wine which seems to be ok. So the anxiety has got slightly better but it still sits with me. I have read two books, online CBT, meditation etc. I am taking this all in but can't really say that is making a huge difference. All of this reading and CBT actually increases the anxiety as it makes you question your feelings more, I know thats the point. The anxiety seems to want to sit with me, sometimes making me out of breathe (can't get a full breathe of air), sweaty hands, adrenaline in muscles, tight chest etc.
I never had this anxiety sit with me before only situational. So is this the tablets making my anxiety sit here or have I developed this?
I see my GP next week to reassess my work position. When I think of work it stresses me out. I have read many people saying that you must work with anxiety to keep busy but when you are a lecturer there is no where to hide or dip in and out. Not ready for work yet but then will I ever be? People talk about the magical 6-8 week window on cit where it all calms itself down. I am doing everything I can to help my situation but anxiety is such a horrible feeling that just wants to sit with you. I am taking prop as well which is helping me calm down but i don't want it to mask the cit tablets so i know they are working! Confused and frustrated!

Becky2785
24-06-16, 15:43
Hi andy I'm coming up to week 7 now and I feel loads better I also take propananol sleep Is still a little messed up but mood and anxiety have been better I still do go to work full time so this has also helped me and I'm having therapy too which helps me understand the thoughts in which I get I'm only 10mg and don't feel I need to raise them. I hope u feel better soon it's different for us all
Take care becky x