PDA

View Full Version : Week 9, when does it kick in?

LiveAboveIt
25-06-16, 01:31
Im taking 150mg of Sertraline, but that board is pretty dead. Ive been on Sertraline for about 60 days, today is day 7 on 150mg.

I had almost 3 good days in a row out of nowhere, starting on my 4th day of 150mg. The anxiety just seemed to lessen on its own and was easy to deal with, thoughts were easier to dismiss and I kept forgetting about the anxiety.. and then out of nowhere I wake up feeling back to square one. Constant intrusive thoughts/rumination about the anxiety, intense feelings of dread for no reason.. I just dont understand.

Its like.. I know that youre not supposed to want it gone, I was enduring it.. but whats the point of getting me used to feeling decent for 3 days only to set me back to relive it again. This illness sucks.

Shazamataz
25-06-16, 02:51
I feel your pain, Live!

I've had a week and a half of hell after starting to feel quite a bit better.

It feels endless and all consuming.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, just lending my support.

Becky2785
25-06-16, 05:39
Hi liveaboveit hope ur ok I know this sounds awful but good to hear someone else is going through with intrusive thoughts I hate them and have them daily I seeing a therapist at the moment which is helping but still there there I'm on week 7 this week u feel loads better and my friends say I look better which Is great .
Take care becky xx

Mojo61
25-06-16, 08:20
I'm the same as Shaz - a week and a half of torment after a lovely anxiety free week. I'm back to the dreadful morning anxiety, depression, insomnia, nausea, racing thoughts, the lot.

I think the only thing we can do is accept it and wait for it to get better again, but when you are feeling this bad it never seems it will get better.

Shazamataz
25-06-16, 08:42
I'm the same as Shaz - a week and a half of torment after a lovely anxiety free week. I'm back to the dreadful morning anxiety, depression, insomnia, nausea, racing thoughts, the lot.

I think the only thing we can do is accept it and wait for it to get better again, but when you are feeling this bad it never seems it will get better.

No better yet Mojo? Am really sorry to hear that. I expect we are having the same thing but for different reasons coincidentally at exactly the same time. Hope it improves soon for both of us.

xo

Mojo61
25-06-16, 09:55
No Shaz, if anything I feel worse. Woke up at 4.30am and couldn't get back to sleep, got that awful sickly feeling in my stomach and really miserable and down. It was patch change day today and I was so tempted to go back to the progesterone patch I was on before but as I've only got one more of the oestrogen patches left before I change over I thought what the hell and stuck it on.

I'm going to do some housework today and keep myself busy instead of sitting there ruminating and feeling even more despondent and miserable. My CBT therapist always said 'Work to the plan, not the mood' and that's what I'm going to do.

Sorry to hear you are still suffering and I hope we both have a turnaround soon.

LiveAboveIt
25-06-16, 15:34
Im sorry to hear that everyone is suffering so much, but it does help to know that I am not alone. How do you know if a med us not working? Its unfortunate that I keep reading about all these people that took meds and it cured their anxiety. Guess it doesnt work like that for everyone, atleast not right away.

Mojo61
25-06-16, 15:53
It is upsetting to read about how well everyone else is doing, I agree. I think if there hasn't been any improvement in your symptoms after 3 months then it would be wise to consult your doctor. If you've had improvement but it has gone again then I think you can either class it as a blip and wait to come out of it again, or see your doctor about maybe increasing.

Becky2785
25-06-16, 18:12
I'm on week 7 and felt loads better this week always waiting for a bad day tho does anyone else do this? I need to focus on the good days and leave the bad days behind take care becky xx

Mojo61
25-06-16, 19:16
Yes Becky, when I'm good I'm always worrying how long it is going to be before I come crashing back down again, and how bad it is going to be. Oddly enough it doesn't work the other way though; when I'm feeling rotten I never seem to think to myself 'Oh I wonder how great I will feel when I start to come back up again?'

Strange that.......:winks:

LiveAboveIt
26-06-16, 06:10
Yeah, I struggle with anticipatory anxiety on my good days also, it really sucks.

Shazamataz
26-06-16, 06:46
Yeah, I struggle with anticipatory anxiety on my good days also, it really sucks.

It's a big one, this anticipation thing. I feel like I'm in constant anticipation of it getting worse, or simply not getting better.

I did improve for a while so not sure what's going on now.

Mojo61
26-06-16, 13:24
I'm the same Shaz. I would say that I was 3/4's of the way there when suddenly I had this crash that I feel like I will never come out of. It is so upsetting.

LiveAboveIt
26-06-16, 15:23
Does anyone else sometimes feel like they dont have control over their thought process? I feel like my mind just races with a flood of negative thoughts about the anxiety and it feels like my brain reacts with a feeling of dread to each scary thought before I even have time to think about it, regardless of how irrational the thought is. Its like a constant subconscious rumination that surfaces. Its not always the subject matter of the thoughts that scares me, its more about the fact that I feel like I have no control over my mind and the constant dread, it makes everything feel so unreal and leaves me feeling disconnected and worried that Ill lose my mind.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Mornings and the first half of the day are the worst, I wake up with intense anxiety before I even have time to think about it. Its like Im stuck in fight or flight.

I also notice that I have this constant internal dialogue that I dont want, when the anxiety ramps up. I find myself impulsively narrating everything I feel, its very strange and hard to describe. Seems like my thoughts will repeat a bit, too.

Becky2785
26-06-16, 20:14
I do all the time they've started to loosen up slightly since I've been having cbt my thoughts got that bad I took myself to a and e cos I was so scared there they told me what was happening and I felt better after a few days of calming down they haven't been that bad for 2 weeks now and feel I'm doing my best to let them go the key is to not react when they flood in i no its hard but it is really the only way I also write my thoughts down the date and the time also the discomfort they cause me out of 1/10 it does help I read back on them and I'm not writing as much down now hope this helps take care becky xx

Mojo61
26-06-16, 20:43
Are you still on 10mg Becky?

Becky2785
27-06-16, 02:15
Yea I'm still only on 10 mgs doing ok on them too