PDA

View Full Version : Gurgling rumbling stomach

DaveCH
26-06-16, 17:05
Hi suffered anxiety for a good few years and lost count of the amount of symptoms. I have become obsessed about my bowel movements lately which have been fine. I had very thin stools yesterday which worried me but where back to normal size today so I know if that was from a tumour they would stay thin. Anyway the last couple of days I have had a loud rumbling stomach which gets worse when I'm hungry. No pain. Can a rumbling stomach be a sign of anything serious or could me worried about my bowels for the last few weeks be causing my stomach muscles to be contracting. Basically when I look up online rumbling stomach is never a sign of anything bad unless associated with or extreme symptoms like diarrhoea. It could be from narrowing of intestines but this would be painful. Anyone any experience of loud stomach rumbling and can it be anxiety.
Thanks
Dave

dizzy daisy
26-06-16, 17:10
Yep, for me it goes hand in hand with acid reflux attacks which is why I'm on the boards at the moment. I think as anxiety suffered we are more prone to this kind of thing. You only need to look at the amount of posts regarding IBS type symptoms xxxx

Mojo61
26-06-16, 17:18
I've had it for about 18 months now. The gurgling and rumbling drives me mad.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

I think anxiety affects the digestive process and causes it to go out of kilter because it has got worse since I've had the anxiety.

DaveCH
26-06-16, 17:24
Thanks have any of you spoken to your doctor about it. I had rumbling this morning before breakfast and now that I think about it I have only eaten toast a banana and chocolate bar all day which I'm sure doesn't help and its rumbling like mad at the moment

Mojo61
26-06-16, 18:32
Yes, my doctor said it is called peristalsis and just shows that the gut is working correctly - lol

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Mind you, I wasn't eating very much at the time because of the anxiety so I'm guessing a lot of it was just air

pulisa
26-06-16, 19:53
It can also be called borborygmi and I get tonnes of it!

DaveCH
26-06-16, 19:57
It can also be called borborygmi and I get tonnes of it!

So it's definitely not a sign or colon cancer then

pulisa
26-06-16, 20:36
Not at all-had it for decades!