PDA

View Full Version : hi!

bluesparkle
07-10-04, 12:35
hi...
wasnt sure how to put a message up so hope this is right..
i found this site yesterday and i think its brilliant... i thought i was going mad but after going to see a counselor tuesday she told me i had ocd. i knew something wasnt right years ago but it has got alot worse lately.
i have found the information here really helpful and it is great to know that i am not the only one who feels like this. i kept signing in yesterday just to check that there were really other people struggling with what should be the basic things in life.
i dont really know what else to put but would love to hear from you
rach

Jules31
07-10-04, 12:49
Hi Rach

Welcome to the board. You're right it really is a great place and I'm sure that you will find lots of help here.

Tell us a bit more about yourself when you get chance.

It's good that you are seeing a counsellor. I'm sure they will really help you as will this board.

Take care
Jules

Jules

jill
07-10-04, 13:01
Hi Rach,

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice peolpe here who will give you
advice and support.

Remember you are not alone.

Look forward to reading your post.

LOVE JILLXX

May you troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.

tracyp584
07-10-04, 13:05
Welcome to the site Rach,

I only found the site few days ago, but is has made such a difference already. You will find all the support and information you'll ever need here!!

Best wishes

tracy x x

KW
07-10-04, 13:29
Hi Rach

Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of advice and support here.

KW

seh1980
07-10-04, 14:04
hi Rach,

Welcome to the site!! I have felt so much better since finding the site and I'm sure you will to.

Sarah :D

Karen
07-10-04, 14:20
Hi Rach

Welcome to the site. It is such a relief to be able to connect with others who understand what we are going through.

There are lots of friendly and supportive people here, and I am sure you will get a lot of support.

Briary

Rory
07-10-04, 14:24
Hi there Rach,

Hope you are feeling good today. I have not been using this site for long, and i have already found it to be a great help. We are a friendly bunch :)

Im sure you will find a way forward soon, keep positive.

All the best
Rory.

Rennie1989
07-10-04, 14:57
hiya rach

welcome to the site

im pleased that you got all the info you need here!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Meg
07-10-04, 18:02
Hello Rachel ,

Welcome to the message board.
It can be such a relief to find somewhere that you can be yourself and discuss your issues .

How does your OCD present itself and what does your counsellor suggest you do to help yourself ?

Do tell us abit more about yourself and how you reached this point

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

sal
08-10-04, 00:45
Hi Rach

Welcome on board

You are no way alone mate and we will all help you all we can.

So much support on here like you have already seen and however we can support you with how you are feeling we will.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Love Sal xxxxx

bluesparkle
08-10-04, 08:35
i just want to say thank you to everyone for replying... and making me feel part of this site already...
i am still finding my way around it as im not exceptionally good with computers.
my ocd has been getting worse over the years... i find myself having to have everything in the right order and pictures curtains etc straight, i used to repeat things to myself like words of sayings or songs but was never sure why. now i seem to get in a real panic over silly things and i also find it hard to go to places i dont know or waiting rooms of doctors/dentists/hospitals which isnt very helpful as im waiting to go to hospital for some tests as i may have coeliac disease but the more i read on this site about symptoms im not so sure i think it may all be connected to ocd
i have to have 6 sessions with my counselor firstly.
i have 4 children .. eldest daughter just gone to uni (18) eldest son at college(16) youngest son and daughter at school (14 and 9)

nomorepanic
09-10-04, 18:21
Hi Rach

Welcome aboard - good to have you here.

I bet the 4 kids keep you busy don't they?

You are doing fine at posting so let us know if you need any helping finding posts etc.

Nicola

Meg
10-10-04, 07:19
Glad to hear you're booked in for counselling but no harm in being checked out too....

Let us know how you're getting on .

OCD with panic can include lots of gut problems too especialy over time.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

vernon
10-10-04, 17:46
Welcome Rach glad you found us and hope you find lots of help, which i am sure you will. there is also a chatroom here where we get together in the evnings too, pop in anytime, you can just watch or join us nutters lol. Take care Vernon