PDA

View Full Version : Please help 😢

spacebunnyx
27-06-16, 20:32
Hi,

I had a bit of a nose bleed today, not much. .. but a bit. I looked up my nose and saw a bright red large lump on one side. My husband says it'd bleeding a bit. I am really anxious about this as I'm currently on immunosuppressive medication for my pregnancy (in the early stages and after years of ivf).

I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow... I need reassurance and actually don't care how I get it right now.

Would love some support from ppl on no more panic :)

Xxx

Mojo61
27-06-16, 21:29
It sounds like a nasal polyp. My mum used to get them and they would really bleed, if I remember rightly she had a few removed as they were blocking her nose. They are quite common and non cancerous so don't worry.

spacebunnyx
27-06-16, 21:45
Thanks mojo - that's what I'm hoping it is as well ☺ I know it's so unlikely to be anything sinister... but I'm pumping so much medication into my body at the moment it really worried me.

Thank you Rainbow girl �� it's nice to know I'm not the only worrier and that there are fab people on websites like this that can help. My HA has been under control for ages now... but this has really triggered me... argh!!!

Xxx

busterrufus
27-06-16, 22:08
When I was pregnant I often had slight nosebleeds. Dr said it was very common during pregnancy. Your doc will reassure you. Best wishes.

Mercime
27-06-16, 22:25
The large red lump could just be congealed blood clot, where it has clotted as it has bled. Your body doing what it is supposed to do, stopping the bleeding naturally! Nosebleeds are quite common in pregnancy, nothing to worry about.

spacebunnyx
27-06-16, 22:38
Thanks ☺ when I say early I mean I'm literally 4 weeks 3 days!!! But I am on heparin (blood thinner). Defo not a clot... it looks like inflamed red tissue... kind if like a tonsilver but up my nose and just in the one nostril. I think I'm overreacting.... but I will go to the GP to be sure. Whatever it is will get sorted. Xxx

Mercime
27-06-16, 22:46
Thanks ☺ when I say early I mean I'm literally 4 weeks 3 days!!! But I am on heparin (blood thinner). Defo not a clot... it looks like inflamed red tissue... kind if like a tonsilver but up my nose and just in the one nostril. I think I'm overreacting.... but I will go to the GP to be sure. Whatever it is will get sorted. Xxx

Then does sound like a polyp, harmless little growth of tissue. Easily removed too.

spacebunnyx
28-06-16, 10:49
Thank you everyone.. gp says it's just the structure of my nose!!! And I have a small cut. Omg. Anxiety central. Xxx

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-16, 11:59
Your GP knows what to look for and will have looked up plenty of noses.

If I push my nose upwards from underneath so that my nostrils open wide, I can see lumps. So, maybe something like that? Just how the bones look through the sun?

And being on a blood thinner must be the reason for a worse looking nose bleed than it would have been normally. My skin has always been poor but since I've been on meds I have noticed a bleed more and SSRI/SNRI's are known for this. So, perhaps it looked worse than it should have?

pulisa
28-06-16, 12:51
Congratulations on your pregnancy, spacebunny! You are going to be hypersensitive to every symptom in these early days as you have waited so long for this to happen-I'm glad your GP has reassured you. I hope the weeks fly by for you-it must be very stressful for you at the moment but such good news! x

spacebunnyx
28-06-16, 16:05
Thank you pulisa! I remember us chatting and it means a lot. This is such a wanted pregnancy and for so long... I know I'm super anxious about everything and worry something is going to go wrong with me or baby.. especially at such an early stage. The steroids and other meds I'm on dont help the anxiety either lol! Xxx

pulisa
28-06-16, 17:48
I bet they don't! Take it easy and tick off each day?! Knowing so early is a mixed blessing but you will be very closely monitored by the hospital so this may give you some comfort? I really wish you well and congrats again! xx