PDA

View Full Version : Nwe to this Site :)

awesome cookie
28-06-16, 14:19
Hello I have been looking for something like this for a Long time.
& Found this so I do hope I can get lots of tips about how to control my panic attacks and make many friends along the way :yesyes:

venusbluejeans
28-06-16, 14:25
Hiya awesome cookie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
30-06-16, 13:49
Good Morning awesome c and welcome to NMP. Like Venus has already said, you should find lots of helps and discussions to answer any of your questions. As far as your first question about controlling panic, my first suggestion would be don't fear the panic.

When you "feel" a panic attack coming don't fight it just "ride the wave" as it were. I know it sounds weird but by realizing it's a panic attack and just letting breathing through it. I've found while very uncomfortable it allows them to pass quicker.

While the site does have some good information, I also suggest going to Amazon and checking out a book by Geert Verschaeve titled, How to Stop Anxiety & Panic Attacks. Geert is not a professional, just a sufferer of panic like us. But his book offers some sage advice on what panic is and how to stop or at least live with it. It's a good first read on understanding panic from someone who's been there.

I hope this helps awesome cookie, best to you on your journey to be better.

awesome cookie
01-07-16, 11:41
Thank you all
i will definitely go buy the book
am looking about for Good help books or work sheets
This is my year To get out :)

Shazamataz
01-07-16, 11:49
Hi there cookie from little old New Zealand! (I may be the only one)

I've found this site really helpful and supportive so hope you do too.

Mark13
03-07-16, 18:46
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.