PDA

View Full Version : New member from Oz

aussielynx
28-06-16, 14:54
Hello,
I am a 41 year old with anxiety and panic attacks.
I am going through a rough patch at the moment.
I have been taking mirtazapine for the last eight months, initially for mild anxiety and sleep problems, but increased dosages for worsening anxiety and panic attacks.
I was taking 45mg of mirtazapine for the last two months.
I am now a bit of a mess, with frequent physical symptoms of: a sore throat, dry mouth and throat, neck pain, feeling of a lump in my throat, chest pain, feeling the need to continually clear my throat, out of body experiences, agitation, brain fog...
My new doctor has started tapering me off mirtazapine. I am scared of the withdrawal symptoms, but really wanting to get off this med, as I feel it could have contributed to the increase in my anxiety symptoms.
I also become paranoid that these anxiety symptoms are linked to some terminal illness. This is not a new concern. I have been told that I have "health anxiety".
I practice mindfulness twice a day and try to go for a walk when I can. I am also seeing a psychologist.
I hate feeling like this and desperately want to get better. It interferes with my ability to parent my children effectively and function as a whole.
I also feel very isolated here and hope that my story might resonate with other members.
Thanks

venusbluejeans
28-06-16, 15:00
Hiya aussielynx and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

t0rt01se36
28-06-16, 16:53
G'day and welcome, aussielynx