PDA

View Full Version : Bad day after increase

Debs21uk
28-06-16, 18:37
Hi me again,

Having a bad day! I upped my cit by another 5 mg 2 nights ago as I'm really sensitive to side effects so I did it gradually to get to 40mg. Even at a 5mg increase I feel horrible today, I'm so anxious and teary that I feel all the progress I've made has been for nothing. I'm having weird random fearful thoughts about being on my own which I haven't had before and it's worrying me if its not the meds increase is it something else?! I can't remember how long this lasted the last time I upped by 5mg but I just feel like it's such a small increase so how can it feel so bad?

Any reassurance would be welcome x

LiveAboveIt
29-06-16, 05:57
It will pass. Its normal for an increase in dose to spike your anxiety for a couple days.

karenp
29-06-16, 07:57
I found going up to 40 made me perfect but had a bad week increasing before I started realising how great and normal I was again!!! xxx
I have been re-prescribed it and am terrified as it gives me panic attacks, flushes, the works, I have normally had Lorazepam or Zopiclone to help me get on it but my current GP won't help and has given me Propranolol Betablocker which is ok but takes time to kick in xxx

Debs21uk
29-06-16, 13:24
Thanks, I needed a bit of reassurance as I don't remember my anxiety peaking like that before. I do still feel a bit anxious and edgy today but I've only increased the dose for 3 days and I found a thread on here explaining what happens when you take an increased dose so that's explained some of it. I'm hoping by the time I go back to the GP on Monday this will have cleared up xx

Mojo61
29-06-16, 15:25
Hi Debs. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. Do you find your anxiety seems to settle down by the evening? I'm due to increase my dose of citalopram from 10mg to 20 and I too am worried about side effects. Would you mind telling me what the thread is called which explains what happens?

Thanks - Gill

Debs21uk
29-06-16, 17:46
Hi Gill,

I always find I feel better at night and everything is worse in the morning. I hear that's normal though. I don't remember getting side effects at the lower doses so you might be ok, I didn't really feel side effects until I went from 30mg to 40mg. My doctor had me try 20mg to 40mg and I felt every single side effect going so I had to go back down and increase it slowly by doing it 5mg at a time. im still a bit anxious today but I am really tired so hopefully that'll wear off.

It's a very old post I found on here but it was by a Google search I found it. There is some doubt as to whether this is really why you feel worse when you take ssri meds but it provided a bit of reassurance for how I'm feeling just now. The link is below:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=88523

Remember you might be fine and get no side effects, I think I'm just very sensitive.

Keep in touch with how you feel if you increase them.

Debs X

Mojo61
29-06-16, 17:58
Thank you Debs, that is a very interesting read. Here's hoping we both manage to get through our increase without too much distress and that we feel better soon. X

Debs21uk
29-06-16, 18:49
No problem Gill, just remember when you are going through yours (if you have any) I'll be here going through mine. Send a message any time if you need a chat x

Mojo61
29-06-16, 19:11
Ooh yes please Debs, we can compare notes lol

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

I can't start mine until Friday though because I volunteer at Age Concern tomorrow and I'm worried that if I have a reaction I will freak out whilst I'm there.

Debs21uk
30-06-16, 16:08
Lol it certainly helps when you don't feel alone going through it. It's good that you have thought it through about when to start. I'm still feeling anxious today, more so than usual so I'm guessing it's still the increase working its way into my system. It feels horrible but I keep telling myself I've had it before and it hasn't killed me! A nice cheery thought there!

Mojo61
30-06-16, 17:23
Hi Debs. Keep on trucking, you will get there in the end :D

I was dreadful this morning, dry heaving for about 20 minutes, shaking, sweating, pounding heart, the works... I started a little voluntary job a few weeks ago working on the buses that pick up elderly clients and take them to the Age Concern day centre. I have to be there at 8.15am and I kept waking up in the night worried whether I'd be able to go, but I forced myself even though I really wanted to ring them up and say I wasn't well. I didn't want to let them down, and I didn't want to give in to my anxiety so I physically forced myself into the shower and then dressed and out the door.

Once I was there I was too busy to think too much about the anxiety, but the b****** was there in the background the whole time - I just tried my best to ignore it but it wasn't easy....

What have you done today, anything exciting? :winks:

Becky2785
30-06-16, 18:18
Hi mojo have u increased yet then? Sounds awful bless you xx

Debs21uk
30-06-16, 18:59
I'm terrible with this increase again, I've tried to go up 40mg again and I'm feeling as bad as the first time I tried to go up on them even though I've done it slower this time. I really don't know whether to stick it out or go down to 35mg. I don't seem to get problems until I get up to 40mg. What should I do???? X

Mojo61
30-06-16, 20:53
I'd go back down to 35mg Debs as you said you seemed OK on that dose. How long were you on it for before you increased? Perhaps you didn't give it long enough?

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Hi mojo have u increased yet then? Sounds awful bless you xx

Hi Becky. I'm going to start the increase on Sat 2nd July as that is the date I will have been on 10mg for 3 months exactly.

Debs21uk
30-06-16, 20:59
Only 2 weeks but instead of listening to my body I listened to the doctor. I think I will go back down as I at least felt human then!

Mojo61
30-06-16, 21:14
Yeah, I definitely would. Stick with the 35mg for a few more weeks hun x