PDA

View Full Version : That time again

Becky2785
29-06-16, 09:00
Morning everyone so it's that time of the month again I've been feeling ok for the past few weeks now bit woke up the past couple of morning with anxiety and then this morning is my day off work and I feel quite crappy like I can't be bothered feeling I am due my monthlys so I'm putting it down to this. Also had an assessment yesterday with NHS therapy and got to wait 8 weeks for face to face which I thought wasn't to bad at the moment I'm having telephone cbt and that will finish in about 4 weeks. I hate it when we wake up feeling like this hopefully only last a few days :lac:

Andy1718
29-06-16, 09:21
Hi Becky
Hang in there. We are here to support. I am on week 6 of cit and feel ok but anxiety is through the roof when I think about going back to work. Wondering if these bloody tablets are actually going to help? Feel today like I am back to square one.

Becky2785
29-06-16, 10:37
Hi andy the support from this forum keeps me going I'm loads better than I was just hate the bad days. Are you going back to work soon or are you staying off

Debs21uk
29-06-16, 13:17
Hi Becky,

It's more than likely the time of the month, just when I think I feel better in comes the pmt which is low mood, anxiety and teariness which makes me think everything else has come back. I've started keeping a diary as when I get a bit thrown I can work out whether it's that.

X

Mojo61
29-06-16, 15:42
We poor women really go through it don't we? I thought that when I reached the menopause how lovely it would be not to have my monthlies anymore or the accompanying stomach cramps, nausea, anxiety, headaches and moodiness.

Ah, the folly of youth.... Menopause is HELL ON EARTH let me tell you! I'm sure it was the "change" that started off this bloody anxiety business. Now not only am I on HRT and getting issues with that, I'm also suffering from crippling anxiety for which I need anti depressants! Will it never end for us poor ladies???

pollynewsome
29-06-16, 16:43
It is blumming awful. My anxiety def raises prior to my monthly. Never really noticed till I kept a log but it's def worse at this time. I am still much better than I was so I try and keep strong and not dwell but it is easier said than done. If I am feeling more anxious than usually I go for a 10 min jog and it seems to burn off some of the adrenaline. Just if someone that knows me was to live my life for one day rather than saying get a grip or pull yourself together.. x

Debs21uk
29-06-16, 17:54
We certainly have been given a rough deal! Since I feel my hormones are swinging I thought oh I'll go back on the pill as that's what I did as a teenager to help my pmt. It was a very bad idea, my anxiety went through the roof and I felt like I was shaking from the core of my body, I lasted two days on it. My anxiety lowered as soon as I came off it but I'm definitely noticing now I'm 35 things are changing in that department. I've heard progesterone only pill might help these symptoms so I'm not sure if that's an option in the future. Oh the joys!

Becky2785
29-06-16, 19:06
I've been ok for the past couple of weeks. I'm on the contraception pill and took my last one yesterday my body must know I'm ready as I started waking up feeling anxious on Saturday and since then but today I've noticed my heart pounding more even when I've taken the propananol It's still there I'm sleeping loads better only seem to wake once during the night now and generally get straight back off but always wide awake at half 5 that I can cope with also the Intrusive thoughts are not as bad either so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I maybe finally turning a corner. Not looking forward to the.menopause tho.

sunflower7
29-06-16, 19:37
I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I think hormones have a lot to answer for. I think that I'm going to keep a diary to see if the monthly cycle affects my anxiety as I'm sure it does. Hang in there and hopefully in the next few days you will be back on track x