PDA

View Full Version : Problems with stools 2 years after stress

Worrymint
29-06-16, 10:05
Hi Forum

I'm 26 and am having quite an embarrassing problem.... Here I go

About 2 years ago I found out a very stressful diagnosis (growth hormone deficiency) and am now on injections for it.

A few months before I started taking the injections I was started having quite loose and liquid stools. After a while they hardened up a little but I had a little pink bubble that came out of my backside when I went to the loo, this doesn't happen anymore.

Currently when I go to the loo it comes out in little bits or when it does come out in "snake form" it looks like it had been flattened one side... Sometimes I go 1 time a day but others I go 2 or 3.

I also feel that I have to strain a little more to go to the loo (not hugely) it's also harder to pass wind.

My diet is.... Well it's pizza, pasta, chicken and orange juice really, I know I'm not getting my fibre etc etc (I take vitamins) but at the moment I'm quite low on funds..

Would anyone be able to help? I had a colonoscopy booked but due to my hate for hospitals and my nervous disposition I didn't go.

Thanks

Worrymint

Worrymint
30-06-16, 09:32
Bump, anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance ;)

AnxiousUK
30-06-16, 22:02
Fibre is cheap, big bag of oats from Tesco is 75p for 1kg. Go get some and give yourself a week. Also how did your GP react to you not going for your Colonscopy? That's a pretty serious thing to just ignore.

Worrymint
05-07-16, 09:13
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I have got my self some oats and some bananas, I will replace one meal a day with that.

I did try some fibregel for a few days to no avail.

In regards to the colonoscopy I did let them know a few days in advance but they sounded a bit peeved I didn't tell them sooner.

Has anyone else here had this type of experence? I'm quite worried I have something bad

Worrymint
07-07-16, 10:38
Bumpy ;)

unsure_about_this
07-07-16, 12:08
try drinking more water, are you bleeding? you mention the pink bubble.

I had a sigmoidoscopy a few years ago and all what was found in the end after a few scans as a small pouch was possibly spotted, no polyps were removed or seen. I started to had pains in the stomach and struggled to go.

Have you lost weight.