PDA

View Full Version : will this actually ever end

tiredofthis14
29-06-16, 16:10
iv suffered aniexty for four years i normally get bouts of about 8 weeks of being bad then settle
this time iv been going threw hell for four months .....my periods stopped four months ago to docs run hormone tests they out of whack but i have pcos

iv had countless tests its beyond a joke

today i was sent to hospital i had horrible chest pain arm pain my fingers even hurt i cant explain the pain it sometimes feels pleutetic sometimes stabby
they did ecg troponin and d dimer all normal
come home i am doubting the results i used to obsess over one thing at a time now there like five things and im not reausred by tests anymore i always think of a reason to doubt like my coag tests appt always comes out over the limit doc not worried but i read could mean lupus coagulant now im worried thatd cause false negative d dimer
my crp level keeps coming up raised so im worried about immflation in my heart
i actually feel like my head is going to explode!!!!!!!

Needsupport
29-06-16, 22:51
I am struggling badly with health anxiety as well, although on a different topic. Giving medication a try and hoping to start therapy soon. It has been going on for a little over 4 months for me as well and like you I'm wondering if it will ever end. It's so unbearable. Hang in there, you're not alone.

AHF
30-06-16, 04:19
Hi, I know what you mean. I've remember being worried about my heart health for several months and the symptoms were so real and strange that I could not possibly believe anxiety was causing it. I remember going to the ER multiple times because it felt like there was no way being anxious could cause the symptoms I felt. My heart would skip multiple beats and take my breath away and speed up after. They even gave me this heart recorder that caught the skipping and the doctors would just say "Huh, I don't know. sorry." lol and for MONTHS it felt like I had a hand gripping the front of my chest with this constant nagging pressure. I felt a general unpleasant sort of restlessness in the arms. When you feel even a constant dull pressure or pain it just makes you feel down. But it went away eventually when something else grabbed my attention away from it. I think it was stomach issues. The thing that helps me relieve stress the most is literally just sitting outside in the sun. I watch the birds and trees outside and I try to relax and take some breaths. Maybe have my phone there to look up something I like once in awhile and even paying for a massage. Anxiety can cause a lot of physical symptoms it's amazing. But everything will be fine and it'll pass. Worrying somethings going to sneak up on you and take your health away or thinking "It'll be real this time and the doctors won't find it" is all part of hypochondria.