PDA

View Full Version : More weird symptoms...Am I alone?

DavidJ85
17-03-07, 18:37
Right I've been sitting here on my comp concentrating on Photoshop which is what I love doing as a graphic designer when all of a sudden I just came over all weird....

As if there was a deep fluttering in my chest, a burst of adrenaline, dizziness and fear that lasted for about 2 minutes and now im still slightly dizzy sitting here and my chest aches a little and my heart rate is up and I feel hot.

I've been getting this on and off a lot in many situations and I cant describe it or why it comes on, all I know is it scares me and I really don't know what it is.

I've been to my GP countless times over all of my issues, been on an ecg, had blood tests and other neuro-tests and I'm totally fine.

What is going on with me? Please help.

DavidJ85
17-03-07, 18:39
And also the tingling in my finger tips and fingers is everyday and with numbness sometimes too and always on the same finger.

AND funny flickering in my vision, floaters, shapes and kaleidoscope vision sometimes too.

Dianepine
17-03-07, 18:47
Hi David, well I could'nt tell you how to get rid of these symptoms but if it helps I get this quite often, I know its nice but you have to keep telling yourself its anxiety and that you are far from being on your own with this!!

Sometimes when I have my anixety attacks I find sitting down and taking half a dozen slow deep breaths help and when doing this keep telling yourself that its an anixety attack and you cant hurt me.

Dont worry yourself about it you are going to be fine.

Take Care

Diane xx

nomorepanic
17-03-07, 18:48
All sound like anxiety to me - it can strike at any time.

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left as it explains why we get these things and what causes them.

It may help.

Dianepine
17-03-07, 18:53
Hi David Diane again, Just saw your second post, with the tingling and vision that really sounds like you are over breathing yourself ( hyperventilating ), like I said in my first post sit down and take some deep breaths and when breathing out do it slowly, if thats not working you can always try the BROWN paper bag, hold the opening of the paper bag to your mouth and take slow and contolled breaths in to the bag and while you are doing this try to slow your breathing. I hope this may help you

Diane xx

DavidJ85
17-03-07, 19:13
Thanks for the replies so far....It's happened twice to me today and this is the first time it's happened when I've just been sitting indoors quietly

More often than not it happens with im driving...

Cindy
19-03-07, 13:12
Hi David I to get the tingling in my finger thing and in my toes and then feel the numbness I am to very confused and worry about it whole day.The warm thing bothers me a lot not sure what causes it either.I have been driving myslef mad lately thinking I have diabetes or something But I had a blood glucose and urine test last week and no traces of sugar and my blod sugar test was normal.I get really dizzy a lot and it feel as if I want to faint half the time.so I think that that is all anxiety my friend

Hope you feel better soon

DavidJ85
19-03-07, 13:33
It seems you and me are the same then Cindy as I have done the exact same things as you and like you I'm still not convinced but hey at least we can now share our problems!

honeybee
19-03-07, 13:45
hello, i get this, i use to be really scared of it, i use to instantly think "oh god, its happening again" which wiould freak me out even more. i also get the tingling in my face. as long as you're not afraid of it it seems to go pretty quickly...

Cindy
19-03-07, 13:58
Hi David
Thats true its just a pity that you all the way in the united Kingdom and I am in south africa.It would of been nice to meet someone that is going through the same cause i think I am the only south African that has this :-(

Sunkid
19-03-07, 18:11
Hi Cindy

Glad to say that you are not the only South African who has trouble with anxiety, although I am not so glad that it has to be me! Today I visited someone and the next moment I felt like a trembling in my chest - the next moment came the dizziness, the tingling and the feeling of anxiety. As I write this my left side of my face feels hot and tingly and I am starting to get a tension headache. This week is the one year anniversary of my first panic attack and I am handling it much better than I used to. Anyway, just wanted to say that you are not alone.
Cheers

DavidJ85
20-03-07, 09:37
Thanks for the replies so far everyone, keep em coming.

Last night I started a job doing deliveries just to get myself out and about again and weirdly I was OK all through the shift which was strange as I was worried about it all day.

Lets hope it's the same tonight!