PDA

View Full Version : I don't know where to turn

elik
29-06-16, 16:46
I've just achieved something amazing for me, having flown after 7 years, stayed in a house with strangers for two weeks and completed it all. I've come back and just feel terrible. Incredibly flat, no sense of direction, bad memories the surfacing and a strong sense of anxiety and lack of purpose and certainty. I don't even have the energy to find the motivation to do things. I'm so bored of struggling all the time. ALL the time. I'm a ruined and tortured person and I panic at the thought of this being the case for the rest of my years.....

swgrl09
29-06-16, 17:12
You are being much too hard on yourself. I think it's great that you were able to travel for two weeks! That's a success! It's possible you are just drained now and need time to refresh. It's not going to be like this forever and you have shown that already with your recent travels.

Justinian
29-06-16, 17:33
What do you mean by sharing a house with strangers? You sound like you are experiencing an anti-climax after having achieved something, possibly thinking that the achievement meant you had changed your whole life around, and now after returning EVERYTHING is the same.

elik
30-06-16, 08:47
I know it won't be continuously like this for ever but I feel like this anxiety will be. I can't turn a corner without encountering a new worry or fear to address. I'm exhausted and at the moment I just want to cry because I never can be my self around people I'm too self conscious and even if I were to confide in someone, no one would understand how I think and I just get more labelled then I am. It's so imprisoning.

Jenwales
30-06-16, 09:37
This is just a set back and it's normal. Try not to let it bother, do what you were doing before to make yourself feel better and acheive those things. Remind yourself of what you've achieved maybe reward yourself somehow.
You may find that even if you're doing well you might feel anxiety returning, it's a set back it's normal. Dwelling on doesn't help.
The more you learn to cope with these worries and fears and the better you get the easier it will be. Try not to worry so much what people think and be kind to yourself. I like mindfulness meditation as it helps to calm the mind and it's really helped me