PDA

View Full Version : New here

vg123
29-06-16, 18:11
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site - struggling badly with what my doctor calls adjustment disorder which has led to anxiety and depression. Can't get out of my own head so thinking talking online might help. I am on 20mg of Citalopram and some betablockers for the heart - seeing a CBT therapist next Tuesday. Massively struggling though with weird thoughts in my head - everything is heightened and I can't seem to calm down. Don't like my job, don't want to see my friends, think i have fallen out of love with my boyfriend of 11 years because i get anxious every time I see him and not sure whether to move back home or not.

Hoping that this gets better and is just a blip. Here to read other stories of hope and success

venusbluejeans
29-06-16, 18:17
Hiya vg123 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
03-07-16, 13:31
Good morning vg123. Vg123 you have found the right place, because a whole bunch of us know exactly what you're going through. I suffer from panic and anxiety, one of the main reasons for this is due to over-thinking things. In other words focusing on the "what if's".

My totally unprofessional opinion would be to try mediation. By training my mind to focus on my breathing and not what I'm thinking. I've discovered a great help in tamping down my anxiety. Here and elsewhere on the web there are some great and most of the time free helps on how to start a meditative practice.

The one thing I will also mention is if you have never tried mindful mediation is, it takes practice. It took me a while to get the hang of it, so don't give up after just a few tries. Vg123, I hope this will help. The main thing to remember is that you are seeking help, which means you are on the right path to getting relief. Best to you.

Mark13
03-07-16, 18:41
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.