PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing eyes too hard?

Nicholebear
29-06-16, 20:24
The last several months-a year I've noticed that when I rub my eyes I see a field of blue spots, and they persist for about a second after I open my eyes.

But this morning I was rubbing my eyes because they have been very itchy due to allergies. Had a pretty good session going when I noticed a yellow ring forming in my vision. My eyes were closed and the ring started to fill in like a donut. I stopped and opened my eyes and the ring stayed there like a bright after burn from looking at a lightbulb. It was bright yellow. It persisted for maybe 20-30 seconds as it faded away. It just really freaked me out as I've never seen anything like this before. Is this just a normal phosphene? Could I damage my eye from stimulating this kind of phosphene? Or is there something possibly wrong with my eyes??? One of my major anxieties is about my eyes since I started seeing floaters and on occasion tiny flashes two years ago...just wondering if the blue dots and yellow ring are normal and I'm just causing myself anxiety for no reason..

countrygirl
29-06-16, 22:23
Perfectly normal, if i rub my eyes hard I get all sorts of psychodelic effects.

Needsupport
29-06-16, 22:53
Yeah, it's normal. Do you see your eye doctor regularly? Maybe that could help you with your anxieties regarding your eyes.

Nicholebear
30-06-16, 18:30
:whistles:
Yeah, it's normal. Do you see your eye doctor regularly? Maybe that could help you with your anxieties regarding your eyes.

No I don't have vision insurance. My last exam was 2013

Fishmanpa
30-06-16, 18:40
I just went for my annual exam. No vision insurance. The works including dilation and walking out with a new set of contacts was around $100. In general, a yearly eye exam is recommended. Call around. My eye doctor works out of a Walmart and is quite affordable. Not that I think there's anything wrong, I don't, but common sense dictates preventative maintenance.

Positive thoughts