PDA

View Full Version : Please help me 😥

Becca88
29-06-16, 23:09
Hi guys , I would really appreciate any words to try and calm me out of this one.
I am getting my self into a state about things that are so stupid nearly every day now and it is exhausting me.
Today while driving home along a narrow street with parked cars on both sides I remember looking at one car and thinking be careful your very close BUT NOTHING HAPPENED, got through fine and got home. About 2 hours later I have wound myself up so much by thinking maybe I did hit the other car and just didn't feel or hear anything and even had to drive back down there to sit and look at the car for a moment just to make sure there was no damage , and of course there wasn't because I hadn't touched it 😂
I know this sounds so ridiculously stupid but I have now convinced myself I am going to be getting a call from car insurance which is insane because I didn't do anything 😭😭😭
I really don't know how to get out of feeling like this 😭

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

I am aware that the post probably makes no sense what so ever �� sorry

Chocolateface
29-06-16, 23:12
I get the same, for example a few weeks ago a traffic light turned amber as I was approaching it, I was too close to the junction to stop safely so drove through, but there was a police car at theside of the road. I was convinced I would get a ticket over it and guess what no ticket.

I get the same about errors at work, if someone else makes one I rationalise it if I do it then it is the end of the world.

No idea how we stop these feelings but at least we know we aren't alone

Becca88
29-06-16, 23:13
That's good to know I'm not the only one , it's awful and I know I won't sleep tonight now , I hate being like this ��

Chocolateface
30-06-16, 07:04
Yes it is awful, I hate feeling like this. I even thought the other week that I had got into the wrong car and was driving someone elses car, it's mad I know but how our anxiety brains work

Becca88
30-06-16, 20:48
I have done that before aswell, because the car smelled different , feel like im losing my mind sometimes ��