PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown, need some feedback

danieltorres107
30-06-16, 07:35
I have to let out all of my feelings and thoughts because im in a breakdown.**This month of june has been the worst month of my life. My anxiety has seemed to take control over my mind and its exhausting, it is practically chainging my life. To be brief:

first days of june i became anxious (for the first time in my life, im 24) because i had too many things on my mind. While being anxious i started getting a dry mouth for some days, i made the terrible mistake of googling and i found horrible things and of course my mind got stuck with this and every since this has been lingering in my mind, with horrible thoughts coming and going. after a few days i discovered that the dry mouth was created by anxiety; when I was worried or anxious my mouth became dry, and when I woke up relaxed my mouth was back to normal. I have slowly learned to forget about my dry mouth, and its not longer such a big issue.

The problem now is that I gained the habit of constantly evaluating my mouth for any kind of weird sensation/feeling/symptom. I know this is a bad habit but sometimes I cant help it .What got me in the breakdown im in is that*for the last 2 days Ive had a swollen gum around one tooth. Since my mouth became a trigger for anxiety, I cant help but falling back to the horrible thoughts I had when i first experienced the dry mouth. The swollen gum is a bit painful when i eat, and when i brush my teeth it bleeds. Today its not completely surrounding one tooth, its like in between two teeth, but its still sensitive and a bit swollen. I know its a very common and probably unharmful symptom, and many of you have possibly experienced it, but i cant help but falling on the terrible thoughts and its exhausting because the more i think about it, the more i believe it and the more attention i pay to my symptoms. The last 2 days have been honestly terrible, i loose a lot of sleep over it, and during the day i cant seem to control my mind, I do my every day activities but on the back of my mind the horrible thoughts are there. I know the problem here is that we need to look at the reality in an objective way, but once we are subjective its very difficult.

On regards to my swollen gum, when i rationalize I figure that all my anxiety has lowered my inmune system so i probably catched some kind of minor infection. Anxiety does lower the inmune system right? Still i cant rationalize for a long time*so then I*mix*the swollen gum plus the dry mouth i used to have*and my mind becomes a trainwreck, its pretty awful. Just wanted to get some feedback on my situation, any kind of feedback will be apreciated.

Jenwales
30-06-16, 09:44
Anxiety and stress can mean you could get colds more often etc The swollen gum is probably a wisdom tooth coming through and it should ease on it's own very soon.
The problem with anxiety is it's a viscous circle, we get negative thoughts and then we feel bad because we've noticed out anxiety levels are worse.
I've been the same. I've felt good for a while and then as soon as something comes to worry me and my anxiety increases I go back into a downward spiral.
And I've been like this for years.
When I started to do minfulness meditation and stick with it I found that it eased the mind and let me let go. Even if it was just for a few mintues and even if it was only for a short time. Worries and anxiety repeat themselves and by doing mindfulness meditation you sort of just stop and acknowlege and can learn to let go. Since doing this I've noticed how much I have managed to cope with worry and my anxiety has lessened.
We get so stuck with our worries and anxiety, if you're anything like me it become a project, a problem to solve. If we find ways to cope, yoga, meditation, exercise, anything that works and is healthy (not drugs or alcohol or constantly searching for a cure as there is no cure. There is just learning to manage things until you no longer need to manage things as it's second nature) and to keep at it. Time and practice will ease it and if it does come back you just carry on.
This is my experience and I'm still a work in progress but I've come so far and learnt a lot.