PDA

View Full Version : sometimes worried about night sweats

unsure_about_this
30-06-16, 15:36
I know when it warmer during the summer months you tend to get these (sometimes I got them in Greece when I was younger in my early/late teens soaked with sweat my choice of nightwear was probably the reason why)

I am not soaking from head to toe, and the bedding is not completed soaked, like it has been dunked into in a shower. I know I got a thick tog at the moment.

It just that sometimes I get sweat on me, not heavy sweat, mainly like only hot summer days.

I got to think some sense how was my bedding like night was my sheets are took in or loose because that will have probably created my too sweat more.

I have got a cold at the moment so I know you can sweat more.

I know Google is bad because it will come up with another cancer for me to worry about, as I worry about a bit of sweat. or a problem with my thyroid even though when I went to the hospital for bloods because of my NF, it was also going to be tested if I had any thyroid problems which I did not know about.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

I think sleepwear can cause some problems. Why do I worry with bit more of a sweat on my forehead and chest/neck area at night. I do tend to get this on warm and sticky nights in the past, when I know I sweat more because of the heat.

I automatic think it is cancer and cannot seem sense that sometimes it is anxiety, my bedding was too wrap up round you. It not wet the bed fully that i have changed the bedding during the night

Health anxiety sucks

Elen
30-06-16, 16:44
Hi Phil

Not sure about the weather where you are but I know that it has been very muggy and humid here, something we are really not used to.

I know that you are going through a bit of a HA crisis atm but I am equally sure that this sweating is nothing to worry about physically.

Maybe try putting on a lighter duvet if you have one, alternatively go for the time honoured one leg sticking out method of temperature control lol

How have you managed to get yourself out of these worries in the past?

unsure_about_this
30-06-16, 20:02
It is quite warm here sometimes at night. I have got a bit of a cold

I got a lighter duvet cover which i am going to get changed when we changed the bedding this weekend back down to a tog 4.5

i got the bowel cancer out my symptom, nearly got the testicular cancer worry out my system,

It just tiny bits of sweat worry me, what is serious and what is just normal because you are either overheating or too warm because you got too much bedding on.

I cant leave my window open at night because of even though we live in a safe area, you cannot take a chance, I would wake up in a shock and give the person a fright.

I know last time my bloods can back fine so no thyroid problems came up.

KeeKee
30-06-16, 20:55
This happened to me back in November and December. I use a 7.5 tog duvet all year round and add a cosy blanket during the Winter. I'm too stingy to put the full heating on so my house definitely wasn't too warm, there was no reason I should have been having these sweats I was sticking my legs out of the blankets when it was 4/5 degrees it completely baffled me. They stopped after a couple of months though and now it's even warmer I'm not getting them so possibly just one of those things although I know that doesn't make it any less worrying. But they may disappear for good before you even know it.

unsure_about_this
01-07-16, 09:36
I did not sweat too much last night was much cooler.
just normal sweat last night. I have never had to changed the bed during the night or get up to have a shower/bath during the night. In Greece during our summer holiday it had been known for one of us having to get up to cool down.

I know when it is hot during the night as you sleep you can sweat more as I said before about depending on your sleepwear choice, bedding etc

I made sure my bedding was not took in all the way round so I could easiily turn without being caught up in bedding making me hotter

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

I don't know what class as normal and what is class a night sweat,

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Dont know whether it just a bit of moisture or feeling a bit clammy,

I know in the summer months my bedroom if we get a real hot day at night can get what feels like a oven 35c+, it much better when I been abroard when temperatures have been high and even though it still hot,