PDA

View Full Version : panic attack or vertigo ?

insideout20
30-06-16, 12:32
I have had big panic attacks in the past which where really really intense but last few months i am getting what i thouight was vertigo but im not sure if it is now.

I can be sitting then all of a sudden for maybe a second or two i will get a real strange feeling like im about to have a stroke or something, it goes away really fast but i feel so weird.

I never though this could be a panic attack because it was so short in nature but i dont get this with changing my head position so im now thinking its not vertigo.

Carnation
30-06-16, 19:48
That's anxiety insideout20.

You can have head jolts and rushes.

A feeling like you are going to collapse or pass out.
If you acknowledge it and push through them, they gradually fade away.

insideout20
01-07-16, 09:40
i dont get a fast heartbeat or anything though, i have had panic attacks before and i get intense pjns and needles and my heart is thumping

this is more like a 1-5 second rush through my body where i feel out of it

you confident thats a panic attack ?

i always get it sitting or lying down never standing up which is strange

busterrufus
01-07-16, 11:10
Few seconds of rush through top of body, horrible feeling of doom. Throbbing painful legs. Face blushing feeling. Thought s go through my head that it feels like I,m being poisoned, tho I know I,m not. Don't know if its anxiety.

insideout20
01-07-16, 11:34
yes that sounds like what i get, as if its the start of a stroke or something but its very brief, thats what led me to think its vertigo

i feel like my body is just m,oving when its not for the past 4 weeks, like the floor shudders

Apple86
04-07-16, 18:06
I have similar. Feels like the floor is moving or falling away. Sometimes it feels like whole rooms are tipping. Sometimes my sight seems to lose its place for a few seconds - I stumble and lose my footing. When these momentary sensations occur I tense up and my body jolts from the fear - I take a sharp breath in.

My biggest fear is passing out/losing my sight/losing my position from dizziness (if that makes sense). I fear that one day I may get dizzy and be stuck with the dizziness forever. It's anxiety.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

PS. I actually had vertigo earlier in the year (it's what triggered my latest bout of panics). Diagnosed with BPPV. It's a totally different sensation to anxiety-related dizziness. It happens when you move your head into certain positions, when you look up or down and when you try to focus on things near or further away. Vertigo is like being drunk.