PDA

View Full Version : Renal failure from CT contrast?

LiamRoseic
30-06-16, 15:58
I had a CT that was done with contrast... Prior to that they took my blood, urine, and gave me an IV to hydrate me. Then they gave me toradol about 30 minutes before getting the CT that had contrast and it's a NSAID. I never have had contrast before and when my urine results came back, It said Estimat Glomerular Filtration Rate >60/mL/min?1.73m2. I know that anywhere from 60 to 89 an increase your risk of Renal failure from contrast but it just says above 60. I don't know if I can depend on them after they gave me a NSAID knowing they were going to do a CT with contrast. I am unsure as to what kind of contrast they used. It was injected through my IV

How much water should I drink? What do I do? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

So far I've had three 16.9 FL OZ since I got home from the hospital three hours ago.

Fishmanpa
30-06-16, 16:20
This is truly a non-issue. You're fine :)

Positive thoughts

LiamRoseic
01-07-16, 14:03
How though? I mean, it does happen... and I don't know if it's from constipation or not but both the left and ride upper part of my stomach hurts, the right hurts more. To the side, right around/under the rib cage.

Fishmanpa
01-07-16, 14:20
Do you have kidney disease? A history of diabetes or blood disease? No?... Non- issue "." period.

Positive thoughts

Mugs
01-07-16, 23:57
To prevent contrast induced nephropathy they hydrate you with IV fluids and encourage you to drink plenty afterwards.
Normal kidneys should handle the contrast no problem.