PDA

View Full Version : do i have heart disease?

tiredofthis14
30-06-16, 16:42
i had a stress ecg and for some reason they sent the report to me and not my doctors it said abnormal ecg sinus tachacardia flat t waves
like an idiot i googled and everything said heart disease!
i always get chest arm and jaw pain i had it yesterday prior to these results had negative troponin and resting ecg was fine
i have had chest pain all day today
i spoke to my gp who was like doubt it anything but everything i read points to it being serious

im terrified! iv had so many ecgs in the past and theyve all been normal inc 24 hour and echo im confused and scared please help

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

oh im 25 and female

Beckybecks
30-06-16, 17:05
Your doctor would call you in immediately if it was anything serious.

You're young to have heart problems unless you have a history of it, which it seems you don't.

I get chest pain and it's always due to anxiety, and same goes for the jaw pain. It's very common with anxiety.

It sounds like you're very anxious and focusing on symptoms that you believe to be caused by your heart which is probably just making those symptoms worse.

tiredofthis14
30-06-16, 18:43
thank you for replying
im beyond terrified as far as i was aware it came back normal
then i recieved the letter my gp didnt help when he rang me he was looking at wrong ecg
and i didnt really get to speak to the heart centre where i had it done
it doesnt help my biggest fear heart attack and sudden cardiac arrest iv been researching all night to try and find something reasuring that i dont have conary artery disease but i cant find anything it doesnt help im overweight due to hormone problems no matter how hard i try cant lose it and i smoked for 10 years :( im constanly stressed

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

oh and no no family history of conary artery diease

Fishmanpa
30-06-16, 18:50
Personal opinion? at 25? Based on your post history and tests? NOPE! :)

Positive thoughts

tiredofthis14
30-06-16, 19:34
do you think? im worried mainly one because i get arm chest and jaw pain alot
and the stress test said abnormal flat t waves
cant seem to shake the fear been waiting for heart attack all day even though the actual test was done in april i just got results yesterday because of a mess up

Fishmanpa
30-06-16, 20:49
Tired... listen to me please. I know you're extremely anxious. Hopefully what I'm going to say will sink in a little here.

You're 25 years old. Heart disease just doesn't happen to people your age. You don't have any inherited cardiac defects and a clean family history. Every test you've had is consistent with a healthy heart. A few abnormal t waves is normal now and again I assure you especially with someone as physically healthy as you!

You do have extreme anxiety and the symptoms you describe are consistent with muscle strain exasperated by that same anxiety.

I can tell you as someone old enough to be your father who has had two heart attacks, triple bypass, stents and angina... A heart attack will drop you. The pain is indescribable. You wouldn't be posting on an anxiety forum waiting for responses I assure you!

I hope you take what I'm saying to heart (pun intended). Don't come back with a reassurance seeking question as there's no need to. Your doctor has given you all the reassurance you need and I'm telling you from first hand experience.

Now... for the future.... Eat healthy, exercise, don't smoke and avoid excess alcohol and you'll live a long and heart healthy life.

Positive thoughts

Thamm
30-06-16, 21:25
I had some alteration in a exam I did some years ago. My doctor said not to worry, because stress and even a bad night's sleep can affect these heart waves.

Mugs
01-07-16, 06:44
Hi
Angina does not last all day.
Please relax.

tiredofthis14
01-07-16, 07:59
thank u for your replys

fishmanpa again thank you very much your always very logical i am struggling ridiculously at the moment participating in all the help mental health has offered but now stopped again taking medication getting out as much as i can trying to be healthy
just nothing is helping i have no idea why im so severe but it is driving me insane nothing seems logical to me and its petryfying

Fishmanpa
01-07-16, 12:27
Why did you stop the medication? Was it recommended/supervised by your doctor or crisis team?

Positive thoughts

Hypo
01-07-16, 22:29
I work in A&E a lot

See these results over and over. All of them sent home because it's nothing to worry about and a variation of normal.

If anyone was worried they would have you in in a heartbeat (pun intended)