PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma; up or down?

Debs21uk
30-06-16, 20:43
Hi,

I am having a bit of a dilemma. It tied to increase the dose of my cit a few weeks ago and the jump from20mg to 40mg was too much so I went down to 30mg. Everything evened out but I still didn't feel great so my doctor recommended trying to go up again but slowly this time. So I went up by 5mg which after a couple of days was fine and I was doing quite well so I kept that going for two weeks. Then at the beginning of the week I thought I'd try to go up to the 40mg, so I did but I am getting really bad side effects that I didn't have before. I am quite stuck on whether I should stick with it or go back down to 35mg. I'm so tired, extremely anxious, headaches, crying and I am so fed up.

This seems to happen every time I try to get up to 40mg and I don't know whether it's just too much for my body. I've lost weight since having another anxiety and depression episode so I'm wondering if it's just too high a dose. I don't see my GP until Monday but I don't know if I can tolerate this all weekend.

Any advice?

Mojo61
30-06-16, 20:47
Why don't you go back down to 35mg Debs and give it a bit longer? Maybe that's the ideal dose for you - 30mg is too low, but 40mg is too high?

Debs21uk
30-06-16, 22:26
I think I will Gill, I think in my desire to get better I took it without remembering how I felt the first time around x