PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needled/numbness and tingling.

Shazamataz
30-06-16, 22:16
This seems to be my most bothersome symptom at present. It's like my whole body is constantly trembling inside and my skin is all prickly a bit like pins and needles. The only time I can get away from it is in the shower or if I'm moving but too exhausted to move and move all day.

It's hard not to think it's something sinister.

Anyone else have this symptom?

busterrufus
23-07-16, 07:58
Mine not the same as you describe, more local in legs but also feels like it comes up through body at times. Legs ache and burn so I have baths, or showers if I feel the most agitated. Usually eases a bit for mayde 1/2 hour. It's horrible .
Do you find distraction works at all. I honestly haven't worked out whether or not it does for me. I know you have your dogs to look after and that could work both ways, like responsibility does.

Just wanted you to know I think you are a strong person who tries very hard. Other people on here do too and I admire that. I,ve read some of your other posts.

Sorry you feel bad. Does it make your otheranxiety symptoms worse? you try progressive muscle relaxation?. I,m trying but its hard to focus. Don't know how long it takes to have effect. Peple say do it at least twice daily. Don't know what else to suggest, hope someone else can suggest something for you . best wishes

Shazamataz
23-07-16, 10:17
Thanks Buster,

Interestingly I haven't had this symptom much in the last couple of weeks but tonight it's come on really strong. Pins and needles all over. And my anxiety has been a lot better this week.

I know it will pass but it does create anxiety for me. I seem to be one of these people that gets physical symptoms first before I'm even having an anxious thought.

I've had a fairly good few days and think the new meds are helping so this maybe is just a wee blip. Have had my brother over and now going to distract myself with some Game of Thrones.

The dogs are a blessing mostly but the responsibility has been hard while I've been unwell. However, without them I'd be completely lost so am glad really.

pulisa
23-07-16, 18:19
I think it's very important to have some responsibility for other people/pets etc when you are struggling with issues like this. It gives you a sense of purpose and direction and also a drive to get better and more able to cope with anxiety symptoms without catastrophising over every single feeling. Inactivity just promotes introspection and rumination and keeps you in the anxiety cycle.

Sharon, I've also suffered from "neurological " symptoms which I've described in buster's thread below this one. It's a common one with anxiety but very insistent. The symptoms will fade gradually as you make even more progress but it will take time. Your brain has been clocking them for a while after all.

Happydaze*
27-07-16, 10:20
Hi there, yes I have similar symptoms. Started with burning and tingling in toes and fingers and now I have what I can only describe as rain drops dripping round my ankles and down my legs below my knees. It's awful and hard not to panic! Am I anxious? Yes! Do I think the worst? Yes! I'm waiting blood tests results this week and yes I'm fearing the worst! If all comes back clear then I know I will have to accept this is just another annoying symptom of anxiety!

Blood results back and I'm anemic! Apparently this can cause pins and needles type feelings.