PDA

View Full Version : Scared I've got lymph node cancer!!!!

Eevie
30-06-16, 23:58
So I had a large hard pea size swelling on my right tragus area of my ear which has lasted over a month it seems to go up and down in size... now I have a huge pea size swelling on the same area but on the left ear! It really hurts and I can see it by just looking at the area!!

I am completely freaking out that I've got lymph node cancer!!

I am 25.

Any reassurance or anyone had similar things???

Fishmanpa
01-07-16, 00:35
So I had a large hard pea size swelling on my right tragus area of my ear which has lasted over a month it seems to go up and down in size...

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

Eevie
01-07-16, 12:57
Hello, thank you for your reply, yes I am aware what cancer is having had both of my parents suffer with it.

I am not sure my post was specific enough in the panic I wrote it in to be honest. The lumps haven't come and gone, the lump on my right ear almost moves from high on my tragus where it is visible to the eye to further towards my face so it becomes less visible, it is still however there and the same in size. It is rather difficult to explain. The lump on my left ear is incredibly painful and is visible to the eye. They are roughly pea sized and hard, round or perhaps oval in shape (I don't want to poke them too much as they are painful)

I have been housebound for over 8 years but have had to leave home for a couple of scans recently with the help of valium, I have an ENT appointment booked due to ongoing tonsil stones and enlarged tonsils so I will ask during my appointment if perhaps it could be due to infection etc.

Thank you