PDA

View Full Version : Morning nausea

Mojo61
01-07-16, 09:00
For the past few weeks I have felt extremely nauseated every morning shortly after I wake up. I often dry heave and my stomach is churning. I spoke to the doctor about it and he prescribed me Cyclizine tablets but they make me feel drowsy so I avoid them if possible. It is horrible feeling so sick every morning, what is causing it, is it just anxiety? I've been on 10mg Citalopram for 3 months now so it can't be the medication, although I'm due to increase tomorrow to 20mg - I hope that doesn't make it worse!

It usually wears off later in the morning but I just can't face any food and I don't think that helps.

Fay13
01-07-16, 12:48
Have you tried eating something small and plain before you get up (like crackers or something) and drinking water when you wake up? Sometimes nausea is worse on a completely empty stomach, and if you're also a bit dehydrated because its morning

Or, is this maybe caused by GERD, in which case try waiting longer between eating and going to bed, and sleeping slightly more propped up?

Chocolateface
03-07-16, 19:27
My anxiety is always worse in the morning, to the point that I hate waking up. For nausea try sipping water and a dry biscuit on waking and not eating too late at night

Mojo61
03-07-16, 21:24
I have tried the water, that actually made me vomit. Perhaps a biscuit and a small cup of milk might help? I can't eat until about lunchtime, I used to love breakfast but can't face it anymore.

KeeKee
03-07-16, 21:46
Hi Mojo61, I used to get this morning nausea and at one point I was also given cyclizine although I never took it as a have a bit of a phobia to medication. It's horrible but I no longer have it and haven't for as long as I can remember now (at least a year). It will pass, honestly it will. In the beginning of my anxiety I had what appeared to be a bug every 5 weeks from August to March. It was horrible I was tested for H Pylori etc and it appears it was anxiety. It's dreadful to deal with but I truly believe it will eventually pass.
I would be careful with milk though, I made the mistake of giving my daughter that when she was poorly and when she was sick it was all curdled. But it wouldn't hurt to try. They say Peppermint tea helps with nausea although it didn't help with mine. Could you not perhaps request some non drowsy anti sickness meds? Hope things clear up soon