PDA

View Full Version : just registered - cornwall

jill1952
01-07-16, 12:42
I am female and have just found this site. Having looked at some of the posts it appears I have been suffering from health anxiety issues for years on and off for various things. My main concern is regarding breast cancer as I have had a mastectomy and any little problem now gets completely blown out of proportion. Recently I had another scare and although I have been assured things are OK my stupid brain can't accept this - hence panic!!! I am starting counselling soon after a long wait and am hoping this will help.

All good wishes to fellow sufferers, if I can pass on any tips from the counselling I will.

venusbluejeans
01-07-16, 12:49
Hiya jill1952 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
03-07-16, 18:45
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

dally
03-07-16, 22:36
Hi
Well any health anxiety is understandable after having a mastectomy !
But I suppose it is finding the balance of being pro active in being aware of potential dangerous new symptoms and realising we all have little health blips each and every day that are never life threatening and will go away on there own

Noivous
03-07-16, 22:54
Hi Jill. First let me say FANTASTIC on beating your cancer. People need to hear that, especially out here. Thanks for sharing. That's great your starting counseling. Try things and keep what works. You're among friends here. Welcome!

N.

HalfJack
04-07-16, 13:31
Welcome! Glad you're getting therapy, let us know how you get on with it :)

PanchoGoz
04-07-16, 21:50
Hi from Cornwall! Please remember the pasty related advice below