PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Insurance

Mojo61
01-07-16, 12:55
I am due to go on holiday in Ocriber to Lanzarote for 2 weeks and I'm already getting myself into a state about it. The last holiday I had booked in May I had to cancel which resulted in the loss of a £400 deposit so I don't want that happening again. I can't let my son and my family down again like I did then either so I must make sure everything is sorted out well before then.

One of my main concerns is worry about falling ill with anxiety whilst out there and it not being covered on my insurance. Are there any insurance companies who will provide extra cover for this so that I can get treatment if needed? I'm in the UK.

Chocolateface
01-07-16, 13:53
What treatment would you need out there, as long as your insurance company know about pre existing conditions they may insure you. In all honesty I think you will be too busy relaxing and enjoying yourself to be anxious. Lanzarote has a very gentle feel to it so would be perfect for you.

Hope you have a good time

debs71
01-07-16, 13:54
There are a fair few that will cover for pre-existing conditions Mojo, but it does push up the cost a wee bit, but in my opinion it is well worth it.

Last time I travelled in March this year, I used this company:

http://www.getgoinginsurance.co.uk/

They accepted all of my declared conditions - IBS, anxiety and depression, asthma, fibromyalgia without any issue. They were also amazing with honouring my claim, as when I was away I had tonsilitis and needed antibiotic injections and oral meds, and several doctor visits. I claimed as soon as I got back and within 2 weeks they had paid out.

Highly recommended company.