PDA

View Full Version : Fear of ghost

Lemondrizzle
01-07-16, 16:23
I'm worried as my grandad died last week and a few months before we had a blazing argument and nasty things were said I'm now worried he will haunt me and I read about spirit attachment so now I'm worried I feel scared!
I read up that they can cause illness or death is this my ocd?

I'm too scared to go visit my nan at the home they lived in

Fishmanpa
01-07-16, 17:25
That's definitely your OCD talking. It sounds like you have some unresolved feelings and guilt about the argument that's manifesting itself into this fear.

Positive thoughts

Lemondrizzle
01-07-16, 18:38
Do you think? I feel so scared

Fishmanpa
01-07-16, 18:55
Do you think? I feel so scared

I wouldn't have said it if I didn't think it :winks:

Positive thoughts

Lemondrizzle
01-07-16, 21:37
Thankyou. My rituals have gone off the scale at the moment 😩

Carnation
01-07-16, 22:59
I agree with Fishmanpa Lemondrizzle.

Anyway, what ever was said, he was still your grandad, so you have nothing to fear.

Lemondrizzle
03-07-16, 00:17
I agree with Fishmanpa Lemondrizzle.

Anyway, what ever was said, he was still your grandad, so you have nothing to fear.

Thanks carnation x

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-16, 05:56
Sorry to hear about your granddad. :hugs:

It's possible that your compulsions have increased because your overall anxiety levels have risen. Many other OCD sufferers I've spoken to have found this and it's certainly how mine worked.

So, perhaps reducing your overall anxiety will reduce the compulsions without you working directly on them?

Guilt is a powerful negative emotion. I think you need to consider the relationship as a whole, not what was said at the end. A blazing row at the end doesn't erase many years of love. No doubt, if he could, your granddad would feel guilt too but it wouldn't change all the other years for him either. We dwell on the negative because of the guilt and how we can't change it but we need to remember the positives that by far outweigh it.

Lemondrizzle
04-07-16, 11:11
I just did a new post as a new concern has arisen....

3 months ago my grandad had a dementia outburst after shouting at my little boy I went in and told him to stop and he got up full of rage and started hitting me and lunging at me and he kinda fell into the dresser, not hard, just knocked some ornaments off, my nan was holding him back from me kind of restraining him. Anyway last week he died and they think it may be an aorta rupture so I'm automatically thinking it's my fault!!! Maybe when we were arguing the aorta tore and has been leaking for 3 months and I'm the cause of it as he went to attack me. Can't stop thinking and keep asking my mum is it my fault I have been Google causes and it says in some cases a car wreck or a fall can cause it to rupture. Can someone talk to me

MyNameIsTerry
04-07-16, 14:15
I just did a new post as a new concern has arisen....

3 months ago my grandad had a dementia outburst after shouting at my little boy I went in and told him to stop and he got up full of rage and started hitting me and lunging at me and he kinda fell into the dresser, not hard, just knocked some ornaments off, my nan was holding him back from me kind of restraining him. Anyway last week he died and they think it may be an aorta rupture so I'm automatically thinking it's my fault!!! Maybe when we were arguing the aorta tore and has been leaking for 3 months and I'm the cause of it as he went to attack me. Can't stop thinking and keep asking my mum is it my fault I have been Google causes and it says in some cases a car wreck or a fall can cause it to rupture. Can someone talk to me

No, I think your anxiety is doing this to you. You already feel guilt over his passing and now your anxiety is looking for more to blame you with.

What did your mum reply?

This is the intense experience of grief increasing your anxiety. It's common to look towards anything that you can blame yourself for. You will come through this.

Lemondrizzle
04-07-16, 23:22
No, I think your anxiety is doing this to you. You already feel guilt over his passing and now your anxiety is looking for more to blame you with.

What did your mum reply?

This is the intense experience of grief increasing your anxiety. It's common to look towards anything that you can blame yourself for. You will come through this.

Thanks terry

gatsby12
05-07-16, 04:28
You just need time to put this to bed. You are in shock from it.