PDA

View Full Version : Worried about visual symptoms

NiazKillam
02-07-16, 01:12
Hello all,I'm new here

Let me just start out by saying that my first full blown panic/anxiety attack happend during January of this year. A month prior before I was going through a very stressful period. Me and my boyfriend had broken up,my dog died unexpectedly,my grandma had a strike and left her paralyzed (which she eventually died from) and my other grandma had cancer. My poor beloved doggie died New Years day and that day was filled with tears and sadness. That night as I was going to sleep I felt my heart race and I started shaking uncontrollably. My dad took my blood pressure and said it was high and I just walked it off. A week later I had googled some symptoms about my eyes and that sent me off. I was went to the ER on my 18th birthday (sucks right?). I complained about all types of things so my nice doctor looked into my eyes. Said I had 20/20 vision with a slight strabismus in my right eye but its barley noticeable. My urine test came out fine and he said neurologicaly everything is fine. The only problem is that my head felt like it was being squeezed and I was tachycardic. Long story short,I was anxious for three months. Some time passed and I was alright but when my grandma passed my parent's left to clean out her house and I would feel a bit anxious. I started to get whats called migraine with aura,only I saw sparkles and shapes.

Fast forward to now,I've recently graduated high school,just got a job and start college in a couple of days. I felt fine(I should be happy right?) All of a sudden my eyes start playing tricks on me. I do stay in front of my phone all the time so maybe that adds to my visual tricks but now I get starburst which looks like little dots, my eyes are either strained or dry,I get afterimages of certian things like my window or things that are bright or even upon waking,my vision looks like sparkles especially against white backgrounds like my walls (popcorn ceiling and walls ) and at night my vision is fuzzy but I heard most people have fuzzy vision in the dark,I see blue and black tiny dots out the corner of my eyes,along with sparks. I also get tingling in my fingers and feet and my neck and head feel heavy. I also problems sleeping and crying spells. (Just had one todsy) I have yet to get tested for an anxiety disorder but the online test I've taken for it all have been pretty high. Could this just simply be HA/GAD? I'm tired of feeling this way:shrug:

Fishmanpa
02-07-16, 02:02
I do stay in front of my phone all the time so maybe that adds to my visual tricks

Welcome... I hope you find some comfort from sharing here.

What stood out was the sentence above. Staring down at your phone and the position your head and neck is in can put undue pressures and strain on your physique. They call it "text neck" and it causes physical symptoms that include visual issues. Just a thought but it seems to be most common among millennials who are attached to their technology.

Positive thoughts