PDA

View Full Version : Wind and Rain Weather takes breath away

Linda32
02-07-16, 09:51
Hello all,

I wonder if anyone else has this problem. This has happened full scale a couple of times. I got caught in a summer rain storm and it seemed as if I was really gasping for breath. :ohmy: At the time I knew I wasn't as I didn't faint or anything and I knew it was just panic/shock but all the same it was pretty horrible.

Then another time it was during the winter stormy windy weather. I came out of a shop perfectly fine. Had been all day. When I had to get back to the car. I just couldn't get my breath and what breath I did have sounded like a very bad trumpet :D

I'm sure its 'just' anxiety and panic but has anyone else experienced it and hopefully found a cure.

The only medical test I have had is an ECG which came back perfect.

Bearinmind
04-07-16, 15:29
I had something similar. It doesn't even need to be raining, just windy and cloudy. It could be two things: a minor allergic reaction from something the wind and the rain brought over, which can cause some breathlessness.

Or the changes in air pressure the wind and the rain do are messing with your ear, which can make you more anxious (but it's not serious!).

Linda32
04-07-16, 17:47
Thanks for that, I appreciate it. I truly wish things were normal

Bearinmind
04-07-16, 19:53
Also, an relevant fact about allergies.

Recently, it was discovered that many plastics have allergenic properties. The phtalates in plastics, specially the DEHP, can heighten the strength of allergic reactions. This would explain why some people, specially women, feel rather unwell when inside modern cars, even if the cars aren't moving. Modern cars are filled with plastic. The plastics from the dashboard and so on can volatilize and get stuck on the upholstery. So whenever you sit on it, it will release a little of these phtalates in the air.

It doesn't help that anxious people like us have a generally higher inflammation response, because our immune system are so aggressive an twitchy.

I feel fine inside cars for most of the times, but if the air is too humid or the car has been on the sun in a hot day, it does make me feel rather unwell.

Doing the dishes is the same deal. If I'm washing some plates, glass and ceramic, no issue, but as soon as I turn the hot water on the plastics from the food processor, blender or something like that, my chest tightens like mad and stay like that for some hours. Probably the hot water forcing some plastics out while I'm washing it.

Linda32
06-07-16, 18:11
That is interesting, thank you. I would love to find a trigger, but that situation is not something I would have noticed.