PDA

View Full Version : Please anyone that has this all the time please reply

looking4answers
18-03-07, 02:39
I have this thumping thumping thumping almost every minute of everyday.I have asked doctors and nurses alike if its a bad heart.They did tell me that I had a murmur at one time but it was no big deal nothing to take test about.I have a friend that is a head nurse in a hospital that tells me until I get back into shape I will more thank likely hear this a lot.I have had it forever and it seems to be worse.It pulses from my neck and head and feels as if my chest vibrates as well.I notice it many times after I have eaten..I am trying everyday to get into shape I do more and the weather is changing back to spring and I am more active.I most of the time try very much to ignore it because I was told I don't have any symptoms that would make anyone believe there was anything other than stress responsible.I normally never get out of breath but lately under the sun I have a feeling of no air in my lungs and just a feeling of all the engery being sucked out of my body .This is the crazy thing sometimes I feel as though I don't hear the heartbeat but have the other weird symptoms like no energy or no air..Then other times I hear the heartbeat and feel the vibration and I have not exherted at all.I don't have the normal blue nails or shortness of breath when talking or even doing most things I stay breathing pretty good even walking around and carrything things and most everyday stuff.Today I got up earlier than normal and have been really busy all day .I felt sick to my stomach and had a headache off and on and just really nauseated at times..Like a bug or something but well now that im laying down Im getting worried...The heart thing usualy subsides and I don't worry to much and ignore it but tonight I am sooooo tired and it feels hard to breathe and well maybe its from getting up to early and being more active than usual but I just don't feel right.My heart rate is good and everything seems to be normal but I have had the pounding in my chest and head and neck and I get this depressed ,nervous feeling like something bad is wrong although there doesnt seem to be anything terribly wrong with me other than being tired..Am I scared for no reason and its a part of my everyday going to hear my heartbeat the rest of my life and just being tired or could it be arortic regurgitation where one of the main valves makes the blood flow backwards..? It says you can have this and hear your heartbeat in your neck and head and also short of breath especially when you lay flat ,waking suddenly gasping for air at night and also getting short of breath after a little exercise.I think that for the most part I have all of these but then again I have a friend that is a head nurse at the hospital here that swears is all inactivity and anxiety .How am I suppose to get over this if I don't feel like getting busy and im tired all the time.I eat right and im perfect weight and I keep pretty busy a lot and feel bad a lot and just don't get it .With perfect weight and eating right and not using a lot of bad foods and sugars and things I should be in perfect health but suppose that laying around being inactive during winter has taken its toll on me too..Im just really scared tonight and don't know if I should be or not..Could it be that it just takes awhile to get into just normal shape and also that im just tired from getting up earlier and the nausea and breathing harder is just from being tired or could there be something more sinister going on? Could all those people be wrong? And why now that someone tells me I have a little murmur but they wouldnt take test ...Its all confusing and very scarry ..Does anyone hear their heartbeat all the time in their head and neck at odd times during the day or after eating .Someone please tell me they do and im not having some freaky heart problems...Please im really scared here tonight. .

Freaky Chick
18-03-07, 08:15
Hi Look 4 Answers

I haven't experienced it myself like that, but i have had the thumping in my chest on and off. It is like the Drs say, most likely due to the anxiety, as the hormones released when you get anxious have the effect of increasing your heart rate and raising your blood pressure, and shutting down blood supply to non essential areas.

That means your HR increases, more blood goes to your muscles and initially to your brain. Then it shuts down to your stomach, so you get the thumping of your heart, and the headache, sick feelings.

About 25-30% of the UK population (similar in US i think) Have what is known as an innocent murmer.

That means that a sound can be detected when the heart squeezes the blood out with each beat - but as the name suggests Innocent - there is nothing really wrong to cause the sound.

Everybody is born with murmers, but as the special baby holes close off, they disappear - usually by 1 week of age. In some people, these sound get less and less until they are almost inaudible, but they remain. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the heart or the blood circulation, just that the sound can be heard when someone who is trained to detect them hears them. They have a grading for murmers and innocent murmers grade 1&2 occasionally 3. So they are quite common. and nothing much to worry about. Especailly if your Dr and Nurse who have listened to your heart are not concerned.

Stress hormones, can make murmers more audible, and the heart to skip beats, and pump harder, which sounds bump bump bump in your head, and it is worse when you try to relax and sleep. But deep breathing, focusing your mind on anything but your heart, and exercise really helps to make it better.

Hope this helps you

Love and hugs

Freaky chick.