PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal upon waking?

NiazKillam
02-07-16, 16:08
Hello again,

I'm not quite sure if it's my hyper awarness but I'm starting to worry. Most of the time I have trouble falling asleep at night and usually wake up and go to sleep with dry/fatigued eyes. But now I'm starting to notice is that when I wake up I see afterimages of things like my mirror or lamp or the window or TV and when I look up I see dots. Now when I was "normal" I wouldn't notice this. Is this my HA playing with me again?

emmamoose
02-07-16, 20:08
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. But if you mean that you for example look at your window and then close your eyes and still see a light area where you window had been, then yes this is totally normal.

NiazKillam
02-07-16, 21:55
Not quite,I guess like color fringes of objects and the outline of objects

Fishmanpa
02-07-16, 22:26
There are dozens of natural visual anomalies that we all experience. Most just go on with their lives not even noticing them or brushing them off at the most. Anxiety/HA sufferers hyper-focus on these naturally occurring aspects of the human experience and attribute negative thoughts to them.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
02-07-16, 23:26
Completely normal, I've had it all my life. My window faces the sun so that adjustment in my vision causes it.

There are also known sleep phenomena that cause a multitude of visual problems in their normal sleep stages. These are all normal and can be experienced by anyone. What you are experiencing may even be on the list under Hypnagogia, or more precisely Hypnopompia for the waking stage.