PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Stool Related Question

HoldingoutforHope
02-07-16, 16:32
This isn't really a matter of bowel cancer fear but I came back to the forums to seek the opinions of those who've been through this type of HA episode before. I'm 22 years old and female and I'm at very low risk for bowel cancer. However recently the last couple of times I've had a BM my stool was..unusual. Its solid and no blood. But the color is leaving me scared. The last couple of times in the last couple of days it's been a mix of brown and like a pale tawny brown. I'm told that pale is bad. I have been eating a lot of granola for breakfast but I doubt that has much to do with the issue. Should I be concerned and seek out my doctor? I really don't want this to become HA.

countrygirl
02-07-16, 22:46
The colour is all to do with what you have been eating, any change in food or quantity can have an effect. I was eating beetroot last week and my poo was much darker colour but when I ate eggs one day and nothing with much colour it was much much paler the next day with a change half way down a poo! One days food to the next days food.

The warning you read about is if you suddenly develop very very pale porrige coloured poo ( often with dark brown urine) as this is a sign that bile is not getting though which can be anything from gallstones/pancreas or liver problem.

HoldingoutforHope
02-07-16, 23:09
Well I know that it isn't as drastic as like say white or grey. The last couple of times it's been like the color of wheat or granola and part brown. So I guess when some say clay they mean like a putty clay or grey.

countrygirl
03-07-16, 13:34
If its the same colour as something you are eating then guess what it is exactly what you are eating.

If you had the clay coloured stools of ill health it would be constant with no mixing of colours.

Stop the granola and watch your colour change over a few days:)