PDA

View Full Version : pregabalin and bad eyesight

kindred1666
02-07-16, 18:19
hi

I have been on pregabalin now for nearly 4 months (now been on 150mg for about 6 weeks) and have noticed that my eyesight has got steadily worse..Is this a side effect to the meds or maybe its just coincidental and my eyes may just need testing again and new glasses needed..Has anyone else had any problems with there eyes whilst being on pregabalin?

Many thanks Kindred x

Tims
02-07-16, 19:53
Hi kindred
Has 150mg been your max dose, that's not particularly high. I presume you're taking it for anxiety so are you taking any other meds with it?
Tims

kindred1666
02-07-16, 20:15
Hi tims...Yes 150 mg has been the highest dose and is where i am now and have been for about 4-6 weeks...(went up from 25mg 3x daily to where i am now 50 mg x 2 daily)...i was prescribed it for nerve pain and burning in my arms and anxiety (which i now think are probably connected)...Im not taking any other meds at all just the pregabalin

Kindred

Tims
03-07-16, 01:32
Hi kindred
Going back to your original post, eyesight issues are common with Pregabalin. I have some blurry vision at times and it does feel like my eyes are straining more when I'm reading or watching tv. Im on twice you're dose at the moment. I'm also taking a couple of other meds which list blurred vision as a side effect, but as long as I'm feeling better overall and side effects aren't too bothersome then il take that.

kindred1666
03-07-16, 10:32
That's very true tims..thanks for the reply

Kindred

Tims
03-07-16, 19:59
Pregabalin is a good med, with very few side effects compared to others. The key is finding the right dose for you for max benefit.

fiveleaves
03-08-16, 02:30
I've also been having vision problems the past year since starting pregabalin (150mg) - symptoms similar to HPPD (hallucinogen persisting perception disorder). I've also developed a small blind spot on my right macula - had an eye test and the optometrist was not concerned. Again, could be just a coincidence :).