PDA

View Full Version : Itchy skin with white/red bumps

Tealover85
02-07-16, 18:23
Hi all. I've been on Citalopram for 5 weeks now and I do seem to be feeling better and having less feelings of despair. However, I keep getting itchy red/white bumps on my face and neck (like hives). Has anyone ever experienced this? They subside eventually after erupting out if nowhere but I don't want to have to always wear make up to cover then up. I also sometimes get them on my shoulders and itchy arms etc. Can citalophram make your skin sensitive? I'm hoping it's just a short term side effect. Has anyone else experienced this?

sunflower7
02-07-16, 18:38
I believe on the list of side effects it says about rashes. I hope it calms down for you. Maybe check with a Doctor incase you are allergic to something else?

mark84
02-07-16, 18:43
It could be coincidental, maybe it's dry skin or photosensitivity. Have you tried using an over the counter corticosteroid at night(on clean skin) and sun cream in the day? I'm not ruling out citalopram by the way, it's just nice to try and make sure you're ruling out other factors.

Mojo61
02-07-16, 19:49
I have a feeling that one of the side effects of citalopram is photosensitivity?

Tealover85
02-07-16, 22:23
They are like itchy lumps that come up then subside into a red mark, not spots. I will have to keep an eye on it because it's very odd. I seem more sensitive to things that's for sure. Thanks for your help :-)