PDA

View Full Version : Worried about cut on dads head

ShaunRyder
02-07-16, 19:26
Hey

Earlier today my dad was playing with our dogs and he fell over one, He didn't actually smack his head on the floor really hard but it just grazed the floor and has a cut, its more of a graze/carpet burn than a cut and not deep at all, he said he has a bit of a headache but really minior, I looked on google and it says it is normal to have a headache after a knock and only go to hospital if the headache keeps getting worse. I told my dad to go to hospital but it said he is fine and the graze is fine, but my anxiety is kicked and think something is going to happen. Should I make him go to hospital asap or if he is ok and graze not that deep is it normal? I am just really worried something will happen.

I know it is only minor and tbh I have had more severe knocks to the head playing sports etc but for some reason my anxiety has gone mad!!

Should I be worried?

MyNameIsTerry
02-07-16, 23:22
Let your dad decide on his health, his thinking isn't skewed by anxiety.

A fall like that happens millions of times on school playgrounds and kids aren't taken to hospital. School staff are trained in what to look for.

Banging any area of the body will result in some level of minor damage to skin, muscle, etc but when it's the head people worry more. The skull is able to take big knocks as proven by us daily in sport and life.