PDA

View Full Version : BP, stress and moving house

JulieJay92
02-07-16, 20:22
on doctors orderes after being treated for various items i have to record my bp 3 times daily as i have the lat 2 months on bp med which were gradually upped each time, now on highest at 10mg and 1 other

had been great for about 5 weeks and got it around 115/68 and then he suggested coming off the other fluid retention tablet also used to treat BP which i did on wednesday

anyways i normally check it 8am 2pm and 6pm as he wanted and always around the 115/68 mark but today due to starting to move house i didnt eat till 7pm ish and did my bp at 8pm and it was 150/78 which was a bit of a shock!!

im wondering is it the stress that goes with moving home or the effects of coming off the other tablet??

any similar instances would be read thoroughly and appreciated

Bearinmind
04-07-16, 15:23
Well, first the obvious, it could be a reading error. I have a digital pulse sphygomamonometer and he does some crazy reading sometimes. I usually check many times on a small time frame to be sure it was not an error.

I had some weird reading sometimes, specially on waking up, like 168/74. Some half-hour after that it went back to the usual 105/75.

Stress, specially if it involves strong muscular movements can raise pressure a lot, but briefly.

JulieJay92
09-07-16, 22:25
many thanks bearinmind :yesyes:

i did do a few within minutes and all around the same. finally moved properly and before bed its 137/73 but when i stop during the day and do it its between 150/90 and 135/70

i will get a call back hopefully on monday as phone is finally connected at last