PDA

View Full Version : 6 dosage changes in 2 months!!!!!!

Debs21uk
02-07-16, 22:20
Hi all,

Not having a great day today but I've been up and down meds like a yo yo so I thought I'll have a look and see what they've been doing with my meds. I came down by 5mg two days ago and I'm an emotional, nervous wreck but I can kind of see why.

27th April increased dose from 20mg to 30mg
9th May increased dose from 30mg to 40mg (horrendous side effects)
30th May decreased from 40mg to 30mg
13th June increased dose from 30mg to 35mg
26th June increased from 35mg to 40mg
30th June decreased from 40mg to 35mg (I did this myself as I couldn't cope on 40mg like I told my doctor before!)

So what do you think about that? Knowing the bad side effects I had the first time on 40mg the dr still said to go up to 40mg but slower, it didn't work! Needless to say I'm going to see a different doctor on Monday, I don't think my meds have stopped working it's more my body hasn't a clue what to do.

Victory2016
03-07-16, 02:42
Sorry you are going through all this, but your brain is probably going crazy with all the increasing/decreasing. I would go to 30mg and stick with that for a couple of weeks (4-6) as you did not give the 30mg enough time to see if that dose is right for you. I am sure you are going to feel pretty crappy with all the changes.

I think most doctors are quick to make dose changes, which does not allow your body to adjust.

Debs21uk
03-07-16, 14:17
Thanks Victory, it's been horrible. I know 30mg has worked before but this time it was like there was a rush on getting me to the highest dose as soon as possible. Fingers crossed this other doctor can see how ineffective their strategy has been.