PDA

View Full Version : Heart bypass worried sick

rebeccad
03-07-16, 08:49
So this time the post isn't about myself, I'm currently in Spain on my holidays and whilst here my mum was taken into hospital, they all kept it from me (or tried) but I just knew something was up and eventually they told me, I'm worried sick, she's got to have a bypass done as two arteries are blocked, I'm imagining all sorts and to top it off she's diabetic, I can't face it and my holiday is ruined I just want to be at home. :-( just wondering if anybody has any positive stories of heart surgey, my mum is 60 xx

Magic
03-07-16, 14:46
I had triple byepass 2001. I am not diabetic though. I should have had a forth one done but for some reason they did not do it .
I know of a few people in my area who have had the op and we have all been fine.
Hope all goes well for your Mum x

rebeccad
03-07-16, 16:33
Thank you it helps to hear stories of others zz

Fishmanpa
03-07-16, 16:36
I had a triple bypass in 2007 and stents in 2012... ohhh add Stage IV H&N cancer to the mix. I'm still kickin :)

They're pretty on point with heart surgeries these days. I had the surgery on a Friday and was home 4 days later. While it will take a few months to recover, she'll be fine.

Positive thoughts

rebeccad
03-07-16, 22:01
Thanks both I really really hope so x

Worrywonka
03-07-16, 23:53
My dad had a triple bypass 3 years ago..hes doing just fine. Doctors have really perfected the bypass surgery in this day and age. Your mom will probably be prescribed some meds after the surgery she will have to take from now on.. But people who have had bypass surgery can live a long and active life. Im sure things will go just fine.